Search

SWU's posted early for 2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 1:29 am
sfo
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
SWU's posted early for 2011

In late Oct or early Nov I registered to receive my SWU's for 2011 use on or after Jan 1, 2011, I reached 1K status again in the middle of December. I was looking at my account a few days ago and see that all 6 have been deposited in my account and will now expire Dec 31, 2011 I really neeeded them for January 2012. I sent 1KVoice a polite message regarding this and the fact that they were in error depositing them early and not waiting untill 2011 as per my request. I got an email saying that they were sorry but they have been deposited and this is irreversible. I replied with another email suggesting that since this was their error not mine I was sure they could do something about it. Any suggestions as to where to go from here or am I just out of luck?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 1:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sfo
In late Oct or early Nov I registered to receive my SWU's for 2011 use on or after Jan 1, 2011,.....
you only needed to register for early deposit,
I'll wait to receive my upgrades until January 1, 2010.If you have earned the EQM/EQS required to qualify for 1K status for 2011, but do not register for this offer, or if you register after December 25, 2010, rest assured that you will still get your upgrades. We will deposit your Systemwide Upgrades into your account on January 1, 2011.
So why did you register for the promo?
Suspect there is a linkage between registering and the early deposit. The early deposit would occur after you re qualified. Which what appeared to happen.
Originally Posted by sfo
... Any suggestions as to where to go from here or am I just out of luck?
reply back requesting escalation but your registering has potentially confused the situation
Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:02 am
sfo
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
you only needed to register for early deposit,

So why did you register for the promo?
Suspect there is a linkage between registering and the early deposit. The early deposit would occur after you re qualified. Which what appeared to happen.
reply back requesting escalation but your registering has potentially confused the situation
I beleive when I registered it gave two/three options as to when you wanted them deposited, and one of them was "no thanks I will wait untill Jan 1 2011" but perhaps I am incorrect regarding this
Old Dec 24, 2010, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfo
I beleive when I registered it gave two/three options as to when you wanted them deposited, and one of them was "no thanks I will wait untill Jan 1 2011" but perhaps I am incorrect regarding this
Registration is for early deposits. There is no need to register if you want to wait until Jan 1, 2011.@:-)

Register today to receive your Systemwide Upgrades early
If you have already qualified for 1K® status in 2011, you can choose to have your six Systemwide Upgrades deposited into your account now, or anytime before December 25, 2010.
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...Fearlyupgrades

I'll wait to receive my upgrades until January 1.
If you earn the EQM/EQS required to qualify for 1K status for the next year, but don't register for this offer, or register after December 25, rest assured, you will still get your upgrades. We will deposit them into your account on January 1.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 24, 2010 at 7:19 am
Old Dec 24, 2010, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sfo
I don't know what the options looked like, because I didn't go through that process. Since SWUs will post on on Jan 1 without any special intervention and since I didn't want them early (and -- as it turns out -- won't requalify until next week anyway), I didn't see any reason to register for anything. Why did you?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It was very clear in the offer to issue them early that these SWUs would expire at the end of the month a year after they were deposited. OP and others should always read the fine print.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I registered and received my SWUs back in August but I seem to recall that there was an option to receive the SWUs on January 1, 2011. OP, I would call 1K MP and ask to speak to a SD. They have the power to cancel and reissue SWUs. Since the SWUs were only just deposited and you haven't used them, your request is not unreasonable especially considering the fact that you requested the deposit in the new year. Good luck.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
Am I correct in reading the "Enhanced" 1K benefits for 2011 that SWUs will be posted as soon as the member (re)qualifies for 1K status in 2011 and not on January 1st 2012? That would mean that the SWU would expire part way through 2012 which would be detrimental to me.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Blutak
Am I correct in reading the "Enhanced" 1K benefits for 2011 that SWUs will be posted as soon as the member (re)qualifies for 1K status in 2011 and not on January 1st 2012? That would mean that the SWU would expire part way through 2012 which would be detrimental to me.
Yes. From the website:

Receive Systemwide Upgrades at 100,000 EQM /120 EQS

Systemwide Upgrades are the only complimentary upgrade that offer you the comfort of premium travel to any United or United Express® destination worldwide.
You will receive six Systemwide Upgrades as soon as you reach 100,000 EQM or 120 EQS.
You will earn two more Systemwide Upgrades at every 50,000 EQM/60 EQS after that in the same calendar year, with no limit to how many you can earn throughout the year.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
Thanks for confirming my worst fears, wilp888.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.