Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to donate expiring SWUs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
Any way to donate expiring SWUs

I have an SWU expiring in December and another in January. Would love to donate them - military, make-a-wish, etc. (vs. sponsor someone I know). Is this even possible given that it's not certain the UG will clear.

Called the 1K line and the operator could not recommend a way to do this.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Similar thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...r-1s-swus.html
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
If you don't find a charitable cause you can have a little fun and upgrade a fellow FTer.. I did this a couple years ago with an expiring SWU. When I did it I just posted in coupon connection that I had one expiring in a couple days and wanted nothing in return and I had a taker within 15 minutes.

Have a little fun with it if you like.. do a contest or something.. trivia, poetry, comedy, best BS story of why someone is most deserving of the upgrade, etc etc. You could even do it in this main forum and not in CC if you're not looking for anything in return.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:21 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The OP does not have access to the Coupon Connection Forum and sorry, that is the only place on FlyerTalk where such activity is allowed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...forum-267.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.