Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The point to filling out the UAL Surveys..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The point to filling out the UAL Surveys..

I did the the UAL Survey for ORD-LHR in November. Unfortunately the upgrade to C did not clear, so I got to spend my time in Y. As many of you that fly in Y on international flights know, the food is pretty bad. Special meals are definitely better, but it's obvious UA is trying to spend the least they can on each meal.. Anyway, I just received this email from the Narita Focus Team. I am going to reply to them with some of the pics, and will be interested to see what they do about it.. Has anybody else gotten an email after selecting "unsatisfactory"?

Dear FriendlySkies,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our satisfaction survey for your recent flight from ORD to LHR. Feedback such as yours is very valuable as it allows us an opportunity to improve the quality of our service, food, and experience while traveling.

I noticed that you ranked your impression of the menu, food, and/or service as unsatisfactory. I am hopeful that you may be willing to provide me with more insights regarding this, so my team and I may work towards improving our onboard experience.

If you have examples of what you experienced that you want to share, please let me know at [email protected]. I will share your perspective and information with my team to drive improvements to our onboard experiences.

We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to you continuing to choose United® for your travel. I personally appreciate your feedback and look forward to improving your experience.

Best regards,

S. B Managing Director, Global Product
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I just received the same email for an ORD-SFO flight in F last month. Unfortunately I can't even remember what was served.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: HH Gold, UA 1P
I got a reply also today for a BOS-SFO flight a few weeks back regarding my displeasure with the choices on this transcon flight. I will provide feedback as requested but I am not very hopeful of a positive outcome.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Interesting. Seems as though it may just me a mass mailing to everybody who selected unsatisfactory or lower.. Did your email say to send a reply to the Narita team?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:38 pm

I got the e-mail too. I can't remember what the issue was that was "unsatisfactory". The flight in question was several flights ago...

This is the first time in about 10 years I've ever gotten a response from the survey.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
... Did your email say to send a reply to the Narita team?
Yes, and I found that strange since the segment cited was not related to my NRT flight.

The email listed a city pair (ORD PHX) that I flown twice in the past 2 months. I have flown 35 segments in that time period so it is hard to remember the specifics without more details. I do remember filling out one survey with negative comments on the "enhancements" (free drinks) in the RCCs. I think I will write back asking for more details about what I said in the survey.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Dec 13, 2010 at 4:13 pm
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:00 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
I had a very pleasant one-hr conversation with a UA person from Narita, after I completed a recent survey.
Mr. eightblack,

Thank you very for sharing your most valuable feedback with me yesterday. I also appreciated that you spent your busy time for discussing how we can do better.

My name is XXX and I am a shift manager at United Airlines customer service in Japan. I most appreciate if you can call me when you are transiting at NRT airport during your next traveling.

Best regards,
XXX
Shift Manager
United Airlines Customer Service
Japan
Tel 81-476-33-8023
Haven't been to Narita since I received the note, but am heading there today (not on UA).

The language barrier made it a little difficult to talk about the specific issues I had with MP, (and I deal with the Japanese regularly). I thought it strange that UA had Japan take the lead on this - when it might have made more sense for the local UA SIN staff to make the calls.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I did the the UAL Survey for ORD-LHR in November. Unfortunately the upgrade to C did not clear, so I got to spend my time in Y. As many of you that fly in Y on international flights know, the food is pretty bad. Special meals are definitely better, but it's obvious UA is trying to spend the least they can on each meal.. Anyway, I just received this email from the Narita Focus Team. I am going to reply to them with some of the pics, and will be interested to see what they do about it.. Has anybody else gotten an email after selecting "unsatisfactory"?

Got two e-mails from the same person. One for UA focus group response as well as the Narita one you mentioned. Fortunately, I keep all my menus from flights so I can reference how the level of service has gone down over the years. If they do anything about it, that is another story. At least they are looking for additional information on the experiences.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I've never gotten an email back - not in the few times when I've had to rate the lowest of numbers, not in the times when I've given the best marks possible, and not in the times I've rated somewhere inbtween. For the record I've never won the 100,000 miles, either (though, really, I haven't expected to).

On the other hand, I'm just a mere 2P.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Don't feel bad, as a 1KMM, I have never received a response to the surveys, so I've stopped filling them out. It's a waste of time if they don't follow up with serious issues.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
This is the first time I have ever received a response to a UA survey. IMO these emails are a good way to let customers know that UA is concerned. I used to live in the same building as a middle level UA manager who told me that all "Extremely Dissatisfied" responses that were accompanied by descriptive text had to be explained.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Rec'd the same e-mail from "S.B." as FriendlySkies did with the only difference being mine referenced "being less than satisfied" about my meal offering (otherwise it was word for word)
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:23 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BayAreaPilot
I just received the same email for an ORD-SFO flight in F last month. Unfortunately I can't even remember what was served.
I got the same for a SFO-HNL flight and have the same problem. I know I'll answer with suggestions on the domestic F wine selection (sad that the "premium" Shiraz in Y is better than any of the domestic F wines), but I can't recall the food for the life of me, despite the fact I most definitely trashed it in my survey as being one of the worst UA F meals I'd ever had.

I do recall stating that it was one of the most bland pieces of tripe (not literally, of course) I've ever eaten, but that's about it.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Yes, and I found that strange since the segment cited was not related to my NRT flight.

The email listed a city pair (ORD PHX) that I flown twice in the past 2 months. I have flown 35 segments in that time period so it is hard to remember the specifics without more details. I do remember filling out one survey with negative comments on the "enhancements" (free drinks) in the RCCs. I think I will write back asking for more details about what I said in the survey.
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Got two e-mails from the same person. One for UA focus group response as well as the Narita one you mentioned. Fortunately, I keep all my menus from flights so I can reference how the level of service has gone down over the years. If they do anything about it, that is another story. At least they are looking for additional information on the experiences.
I wish they gave out menus in Y!

The food in C on the way back was better, but still a bit bland.

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
This is the first time I have ever received a response to a UA survey. IMO these emails are a good way to let customers know that UA is concerned. I used to live in the same building as a middle level UA manager who told me that all "Extremely Dissatisfied" responses that were accompanied by descriptive text had to be explained.
Originally Posted by exerda
I got the same for a SFO-HNL flight and have the same problem. I know I'll answer with suggestions on the domestic F wine selection (sad that the "premium" Shiraz in Y is better than any of the domestic F wines), but I can't recall the food for the life of me, despite the fact I most definitely trashed it in my survey as being one of the worst UA F meals I'd ever had.

I do recall stating that it was one of the most bland pieces of tripe (not literally, of course) I've ever eaten, but that's about it.
Thanks for the comments. I'll email them, as well as include a photo of the food that they served to us... We'll see if anything happens.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: HH Gold, UA 1P
Mine was also from "S.B." with the Narita team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.