15,000 Miles for United Visa Referral

Old Dec 11, 10, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

15,000 Miles for United Visa Referral

Just got off the phone with Chase customer service about the United Visa card. I'm told the referral promotion is back on (even though I don't see it on united.com)

15,000 miles for each referral (up to 2 per year)
Have your friend call 1-866-556-7201
Promotion code, I'm told there is none, just call the phone number
Expiration date, the agent said the promotion is "ongoing" with no expiration listed
Referral is good for any of the United Visa cards, doesn't have to be the Select or any of the particular high end cards

Hope everyone can get a few referrals, its a good way to pick up some miles!
Old Dec 11, 10, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
The problem with the referrals is that the person getting the card ends up with far fewer miles than they would get if they got the card on their own. Basically, you end up selling your friends out for personal profit.
Old Dec 11, 10, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Right now it seems like United is offering 25k signup bonus for the Signature ($60/year card) and a 30k signup bonus for the Select ($95/year card).

I know United occasionally offers a 50k signup bonus like they did in the spring that was untargeted and available to everyone. Otherwise it seems like the signup bonuses offered right now are pretty much standard.

So mahasamatman I supposed you're right if the person can wait until the next big signup promotion, then they should wait. Otherwise if they are looking for a card now, this seems like a reasonable deal everyone. Is there another way I should be looking at it?
Old Dec 11, 10, 1:21 pm

It's actually currently 50k bonus for new select cards, and the $95 fee for the first year is waived. Go to www.thatsaplus.com, click the "Get My Special Offer" tab, then the green "View My Offer" button.

Would that be on top of the 15k referral bonus?
Old Dec 11, 10, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

ravisurdhar you are indeed correct, I just tested your 50k and no $95 annual feed method and that is certainly much better.

I called the referral line at 866-556-7201 and it turns out they only have the sub-par offer available for referrals (30k signup bonus and the annual fee of $95 is not waived).
Old Dec 12, 10, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by adamkornfield View Post
ravisurdhar you are indeed correct, I just tested your 50k and no $95 annual feed method and that is certainly much better.

I called the referral line at 866-556-7201 and it turns out they only have the sub-par offer available for referrals (30k signup bonus and the annual fee of $95 is not waived).
Did you tell them you're already a mileage plus member? I think the 50k offer is only for existing MP members.
Old Dec 12, 10, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ravisurdhar View Post
Did you tell them you're already a mileage plus member? I think the 50k offer is only for existing MP members.
You cannot combine the 50K offer with any referral offer (at least that's always been true in the past). That's what I meant by my previous post in this thread.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: