Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's "Operation North Pole/Fantasy" Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's "Operation North Pole/Fantasy" Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: their are many of them
at iad n the flight usually leaves out of like D5 or a c gate which is not decorated (but the gate at the airport) and Usually arrives at gate D30

The end of D where british airways use to fly out of is what is turned into the north pole and that entire area is decorated as the north pole. United goes all out of this at IAD it is really nice i have seen it a couple of times

Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
Still no joy. Safari, Firefox, and iPhone all show no link in your post and when I click on the link you did provide, I get a blank page
Blank page here too
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Here are some pics from Saturday in SFO

Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the monitor it says time difference 8 hours ahead. Wouldn't the exact north pole be in all time zones so no difference?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goalie
Still no joy. Safari, Firefox, and iPhone all show no link in your post and when I click on the link you did provide, I get a blank page
Originally Posted by wmweeza
Blank page here too
Not sure what's wrong, but I simply don't know how to fix it.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
They held the Fantasy Flight from LAX this past Saturday... here was my post & pics on BoardingArea:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...lax-yesterday/

Haven't read through this thread, so here's the official website and I'll certainly be donating... such a cool event. ^
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by danville 1K
Not sure what's wrong, but I simply don't know how to fix it.
PM sent

Originally Posted by UNITED863
They held the Fantasy Flight from LAX this past Saturday... here was my post & pics on BoardingArea:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...lax-yesterday/

Haven't read through this thread, so here's the official website and I'll certainly be donating... such a cool event. ^
Thanks for the link ^ I'll be donating some money towards the next fantasy flight.. And I can use my UA credit card to get miles
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:02 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
at iad n the flight usually leaves out of like D5 or a c gate which is not decorated (but the gate at the airport) and Usually arrives at gate D30
Last year, it was right across from one of the RCCs, maybe the D8 one. It looked really cool, and the flight showed up on all the departure monitors, etc. I did a double-take when studying the monitors in the RCC and seeing "North Pole" listed among the other destinations.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:07 am

Programs: UA Gold
I saw the North Pole flight yesterday (12/14) at Newark. It was at gate C120. I had to stop for second to make sure I read it correctly
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Some of the Arizona State University Sun Devils football players and cheerleaders were on hand for the PHX fantasy flight. They used Gates C and D which used to be UAX/occasional mainline but I believe have now been ceded to Great Lakes and it appears it worked quite well.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UA has added 26 new photos to the album United Airlines 2011 Fantasy Flights.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/m...0087085&type=1
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA has added 26 new photos to the album United Airlines 2011 Fantasy Flights.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/m...0087085&type=1
I jokingly commented "Using Pre-Merger Continental Aircraft? FOR SHAME!" and someone called me a jerk
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I jokingly commented "Using Pre-Merger Continental Aircraft? FOR SHAME!" and someone called me a jerk
There is a time and a place for everything,even a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.