Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Stand By Our Plan" (Stand By Your Man).

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
"Stand By Our Plan" (Stand By Your Man).

Yes, I love Tammy Wynette. I admit it. But with all the people talking about ditching MP, I am standing by. While I love (and live) to fly, I can't put so much emotion into all this.

United has been good to me. They have provided a reliable product. I get upgrades on cheap fares, and I fly to far away places in first on the best of carriers for free because of miles.

For those who are ditching, I really hope it's worth it. We all want what is best! I'm sticking around!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Well she (Tammy) didn't stand by her man, George Jones, and he's one of the best male country singers around !!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I'm in Houston, what choice do I have?

Don't make me laugh.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Good for you.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm with you! And I know I'm in the minority, but I love United even more after the recent change!^
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:04 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I'm with you! And I know I'm in the minority, but I love United even more after the recent change!^
After reading some of your posts on the subject, I read your blog. Not just because we agree, but I liked it. It was presented in a neutral way, more facts than opinion. I am a fan of facts. Good blog.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Dude you are an elite on pretty much every U.S. airline that exists.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by zrs70
Yes, I love Tammy Wynette. I admit it. But with all the people talking about ditching MP, I am standing by. While I love (and live) to fly, I can't put so much emotion into all this.

United has been good to me. They have provided a reliable product. I get upgrades on cheap fares, and I fly to far away places in first on the best of carriers for free because of miles.

For those who are ditching, I really hope it's worth it. We all want what is best! I'm sticking around!
You are talking about the United of the past. It remains to be seen what the new United will be.

CO-? UA+? Somewhere in between?

Frankly, I don't see how anybody can make a decision yet. We've only seen one botch job so far with the CR1s. And it remains to be seen what happens with them in 2012, despite what they have said.

If you meant that you are in in the "wait and see what happens" camp, that's where I am too. If they degrade things too much to the point that there's no advantage in remaining loyal to the new United if they do away with many of the things that I like about the airline and M+ now, then I will move on. They haven't even decided on E+ yet, and for some reason it's a difficult decision for them. What could be difficult about it? Wait and see, I guess. (and you can repeat that theme with a dozen more things, that we're just going to have to wait and see what they do about them.)

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 23, 2010 at 2:20 am
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
If you meant that you are in in the "wait and see what happens" camp, that's where I am too. If they degrade things too much to the point that there's no advantage in remaining loyal to the new United if they do away with many of the things that I like about the airline and M+ now, then I will move on. They haven't even decided on E+ yet, and for some reason it's a difficult decision for them. What could be difficult about it? Wait and see, I guess.
I agree, it's "wait and see." The recent changes with CR1s have me slightly disappointed but by no means ready to leave. On the other hand, it's premature for anyone to declare their undying loyalty. So far we have only seen the first few changes in what is certain to be long list of changes as the two airlines' operations and loyalty programs are merged.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
If you meant that you are in in the "wait and see what happens" camp, that's where I am too. If they degrade things too much to the point that there's no advantage in remaining loyal to the new United if they do away with many of the things that I like about the airline and M+ now, then I will move on. They haven't even decided on E+ yet, and for some reason it's a difficult decision for them. What could be difficult about it? Wait and see, I guess. (and you can repeat that theme with a dozen more things, that we're just going to have to wait and see what they do about them.)
Yep, this is where I am - but I'm a single-issue voter. If they keep E+, I'll stay. This 1K has been treated very well, and UA's route structure matches mine almost perfectly. I do enough ORD-LGA and ORD-SFO that I'm not always in the front, and beyond that I fly enough with my family that E+ really makes a difference.

If they ditch E+, the benefits I would get from flying UA are instantly knocked down to being less than what I'd get on AA, and I'd be gone.

Wait and see ...
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:05 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I wouldn't go as far as saying "even more after the recent change" but I'm with you-I love United ^ and will not change loyalty nor will I jump ship.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I used to be with US, and the only advatage US has over UA is the ability to use DM for *A awards without Starnet blocking.

Even after all the recently annouced changes, MP is still much better than DM. My other options in RIC are Delta and US.

So, I will stay with UA.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mduell
I'm in Houston, what choice do I have?

Don't make me laugh.
Hahaha... You made me laugh. I'm flying in'n'out of IAD and UA is the one.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA platinum prom United Silver, Marriott Titanium lifetime, Hilton Diamond
Staying for now

Like others I was with US and really do not have much choice so as long as E+ stays I probably will hang in even though I will not make 1K due to the 120 segment rule
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Been waiting a while for a thread like this. There has been so much trashing of UA on these boards since the recent changes announced to the elite program.

I'm with you guys. United is my hometown airline and I support them. The changes are not nearly as bad as they could have been. I want United to be a profitable airline and to be here for many years to come. That may come with some cuts to the elite program, it's a given.

IMHO, AA's top level has always been better than UA's and that doesn't change with this announcement. With the changes, the mid and lower tiers are even better than AA's comparable status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.