FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Change in Policy on SKL Access in SIN for UA C class? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1138001-change-policy-skl-access-sin-ua-c-class.html)

zappa42m Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 20235233)
Sorry to bring up a thread but i'm still slightly confused.

Just to reconfirm as I've flown through SIN a few times and only used SATS as a C and a Y (both UA metals). I'm transiting through a few more times in C and Y (all UA) this year and just to clear up my understanding...

I can access the SilverKris Lounge when flying on C and KrisFlyer Gold Lounge when flying in Y (because I am *G on a *A flights)?

Has this changed at all since 2011? Are these 24 hour lounges?

Yes these are 24 hour lounges. When you fly Y on a *A flight you have to be *G for access to the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge . When you fly C on a *A flight you have access to the business-section of the SilverKris Lounge. I always do these .

edcho Feb 13, 2013 5:58 am

Originally Posted by zappa42m (Post 20236813)
Yes these are 24 hour lounges. When you fly Y on a *A flight you have to be *G for access to the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge . When you fly C on a *A flight you have access to the business-section of the SilverKris Lounge. I always do these .

Originally Posted by wilp888 (Post 20235502)
Flew out of SIN yesterday. I can confirm that *G in BC can still access the SilverKris Lounge and they actually bring out the hot food earlier than they used to.

Thanks a bunch! I'll check these out in a few weeks.

zombietooth May 1, 2013 10:02 am

No SilverKris Access For UA C - 4/30

When I checked in yesterday, they said that I had to go to the SATS lounge.
I tried to present my boarding pass at the SilverKris Lounge, like I have done many times before, but they wouldn't allow access and insisted that I go back to the SATS lounge.

Is this new?

Always Flyin May 5, 2013 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth (Post 20681695)
When I checked in yesterday, they said that I had to go to the SATS lounge.
I tried to present my boarding pass at the SilverKris Lounge, like I have done many times before, but they wouldn't allow access and insisted that I go back to the SATS lounge.

Is this new?

Nothing has changed.

Were you seated in first or business class? If no, you weren't entitled to access to the Silver Kris Lounge.

If yes, did you also hand them your 1K card? If so, they may have thought you were trying to enter as a Star Gold. ONLY hand them your boarding pass. Nothing else.

Otherwise, you had a poorly trained person at the door.

hoops7k May 6, 2013 11:08 pm

I was granted access on 4/28 with my UA C boarding pass for sin-nrt.

zombietooth May 6, 2013 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 20702298)
Nothing has changed.

Were you seated in first or business class? If no, you weren't entitled to access to the Silver Kris Lounge.

If yes, did you also hand them your 1K card? If so, they may have thought you were trying to enter as a Star Gold. ONLY hand them your boarding pass. Nothing else.

Yes, I was in Biz class. Sorry, I referred to it with the old "C" for connoisseur class designator instead of J in my post. I only showed my boarding pass which clearly indicated Business Class, no 1K card was shown (I don't even carry it anymore).

Must have been a training issue, but it was with two different persons, the check-in agent and the lounge greeter. So, I really hit the bad luck version of "The Daily Double" with the pair that I interacted with.

FriendlySkies May 6, 2013 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth (Post 20709770)
Yes, I was in Biz class. Sorry, I referred to it with the old "C" for connoisseur class designator instead of J in my post. I only showed my boarding pass which clearly indicated Business Class, no 1K card was shown (I don't even carry it anymore).

Must have been a training issue, but it was with two different persons, the check-in agent and the lounge greeter. So, I really hit the bad luck version of "The Daily Double" with the pair that I interacted with.

Not to worry..C/J is the same thing..

(unless you were talking about the various fare classes of the C cabin..)

BillsFan May 31, 2013 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 20702298)
Nothing has changed.

Boy, this issue seems like the gift that keeps on giving (or not). Later this morning I am flying UA 6 (SIN-NRT) in "BusinessFirst" (Premier Gold, Z fare; there are only 2 classes on this flight). When I use the Star Alliance Lounge Finder, if I enter "Business" class it shows only the SATS lounge. If I enter "First" class, it shows also the SilverKris lounge. My NRT-IAD leg is BusinessFirst on a 3-class UA flight. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is no SilverKris in my immediate future, unless some FlyerTalkers give me reason to hope?

tlawrence85 May 31, 2013 1:52 pm

i think the lounge finder is broken for various combinations of options:

A GM has access to the SKL:
http://i.imgur.com/ClKvt0o.png

but not a 1K:
http://i.imgur.com/uA6I0cT.png

BillsFan May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks TLawrence85 -- would not have occurred to me.

BillsFan Jun 1, 2013 2:54 pm

Just to close the circle ... No problems getting into Silver Kris Lounge. Showed boarding pass only. Thanks for the input. Many hot food options at 5:30am.