FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/113792-thread-listing-all-known-ua-revenue-award-booking-codes-summary-each-one.html)

ozstamps Dec 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by usAir (Post 16690951)
Is there a certain number of seats in a code that would indicate that the flight is sold out?

eg. I'm flying from MUC-IAD tomorrow (Y, unfortunately), and there is Y/5 B/5 M/4 U/4 H/4 (everything else is 0'd out). I'm wondering if I should bother volunteering early (and, a little OT, but would a UA gate agent consider upgrading me instead of a voucher?). Is it worth it?

If you see H4 the plane is generally a LONG way from being sold out!

dakam Feb 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi,
I purchased a opaque UA flight on PL, I look at my confirmation on UA and see that it is an "L class" flight. Will I be able to earn miles on this even if the fare was bought on PL?
Thanks.

WineCountryUA Feb 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by dakam (Post 18053475)
Hi,
I purchased a opaque UA flight on PL, I look at my confirmation on UA and see that it is an "L class" flight. Will I be able to earn miles on this even if the fare was bought on PL?
Thanks.

The fact it is L fare is insufficent -- need to see the full fare rule. Opaque PL is likely to be non-mileage earning and may be an unpublished fare.

dakam Feb 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Thanks for your response...I just looked at my e-receipt on ua.com and although I can't decipher this...I'm guessing this says "penalty - no mileage will be earned for opaque web fare" bummers.
Penalty: S UAL/WEB-OPAQUE/NON REF/NO S GHTS/DATES LISTED -- NON-REF/

On the confirmation, I see the miles for the trip, and award miles for the flight and I also see that I can buy E+ for $59 for each seat/way.

ozstamps Mar 5, 2012 10:50 am

United insider posted this yesterday -

Specifically, if you’re looking for award travel or upgrade availability, here are the new fare classes:

* R = Upgrade awards for and 2-cabin aircraft and BusinessFirst/United Business on 3-cabin aircraft
* ON = Upgrade awards for Global First and United First on 3-cabin aircraft
* X/XN = Saver Awards for United Economy (XN for Premier members)
* I/IN = Saver Awards for United Business, BusinessFirst, United First on 2-cabin aircraft (IN for Premier Platinum and above)
* O = Saver Awards for Global First and United First on 3-cabin aircraft

Shannon

==================

I know a lot of things are changing and post #1 will need updating when the full picture is clear.

This is sbm12 Summary -

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 17296500)
This data will eventually be included in the new FAQ but while waiting for that to be guilt I figured I'd share the details. These are all the fares in the new scheme:

Revenue buckets (RDM/PQM earnings)
F - Full Fare First (250%/150% or 175%/150% for 3/2 cabin)
A - Discount First (250%/150% or 175%/150% for 3/2 cabin)
J - Full Fare Business (175%/150%)
C - Full Fare Business (175%/150%)
D - Full Fare Business (175%/150%)
P - Discount Business (150%/150%)
Z - Deep Discount Business (150%/150%)
Y - Full Fare Coach (125%/150%)
B - Full Fare Coach (125%/150%)
M - Discount Coach (100%/100%)
E - Discount Coach (100%/100%)
U - Discount Coach (100%/100%)
H - Discount Coach (100%/100%)
Q - Discount Coach (100%/100%)
V - Discount Coach (100%/100%)
W - Deep Discount Coach (100%/100%)
S - Deep Discount Coach (100%/100%)
T - Deep Discount Coach (100%/100%)
L - Deep Discount Coach (100%/100%)
K - Deep Discount Coach (100%/100%)
G - Deep Discount Coach (100%/100%)
N - This will be unused (possibly for industry discount tix)

SaverPass Award Seats
ON - Elite (Plat/1K/GS) SaverPass First Award
O - Non-Elite and Low Elite SaverPass First Award
IN - Elite (Plat/1K/GS) SaverPass Business Award
I - Non-Elite and Low Elite SaverPass Business Award
XN - Elite SaverPass Coach Award
X - Non-Elite SaverPass Coach Award

EasyPass Award Seats
FN - EasyPass First Award
JN - Elite/CC EasyPass Business Award
ZN - Non-Elite EasyPass Business Award (tracks to the Z bucket)
YN - Elite/CC EasyPass Coach Award
HN - Non-Elite EasyPass Coach Award (tracks to the H bucket)

Upgrade Awards
ON - C->F on 3-cabin aircraft
PN - B/M-Up for Elites (tracks to the P bucket)
RN - Elite Upgrade to Business/Domestic F
R - Non-Elite Upgrade to Business/Domestic F

Richard Chen May 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps (Post 18138453)
... a lot of things are changing and post #1 will need updating...

Indeed! I got here from the link to here in John Mitton's "Tips for Upgrading on United Airlines" which is sorely outdated (2005).

I also thank sbm12 & et al. for faithfully updating the UA Wiki which well handles this kind of rapidly shifting info. Tons of info, tons of work.

Thanks, all, keep it up!

Daniel-SYD Nov 21, 2012 7:01 pm

What does the PN bucket mean for international 3-cabin legs such as SYD->SFO? It isn't clear to me how someone gets into that bucket. Thanks

WineCountryUA Nov 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel-SYD (Post 19726953)
What does the PN bucket mean for international 3-cabin legs such as SYD->SFO? It isn't clear to me how someone gets into that bucket. Thanks

this is a dead thread, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post17296500

PN is meaningless for longhaul flight (an artifact since it appears PN is locked to P in the Inventory system)