Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

my review of the “new liveried” CO 737-900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

my review of the “new liveried” CO 737-900

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:25 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by milepig
Originally Posted by goalie
First class has 5 rows of two seats each.I assume you mean 2 seats on each side of the aisle, for a total of 4 per row?
Oops, yes 5 rows with 2 seats on each side of the aisle

Originally Posted by iAMreallyBORED
F-cabin on this B737-900ER, tail number N53442, has five rows.
See here: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Con..._737-900ER.php

I'm certain there are five rows because I was sitting in 5F, watching the final three outs of the Giants/Braves baseball game.

Fantastic summary, goalie!
Yes, 5 rows (see my comment above) and thanks

Originally Posted by karung99
goalie, Thank you for the report.

I was too busy standing on line for food yesterday
I ate first and then went....

Originally Posted by sbm12
......To answer the one point above that has not yet been, the power in F is not shared between the passengers; everyone has their own plug up there.
Thanks ^ as I only saw the one plug in the F seat I sat in

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Originally Posted by Pryde987
Unless you're saddled with an older laptop or work laptop, is there anybody who buys a laptop or tablet for business travel that doesn't feature a "10 hour" battery?
Maybe not but plenty of folks are in the first group.
Like me
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by flyinbob
So you lose E+ and Channel 9.

Some improvement.
Hope not, I love Channel 9, do we need to sign a petition on this?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA1K
i guess i'm not surprised they took the meal away...it actually wasn't THAT bad.

$6 for livetv for a transcon i don't have much of a problem with. and i doubt UA will get rid of that. they'll see it as more revenue (like the bag fees)
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:39 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Hi goalie

Here are the pics per your request.

The New United

Interior of the New United

Back galley

Front galley

Seats

I'm allergic to these seats

But not to these...

Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:09 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by haddon90
i doubt UA will get rid of that. they'll see it as more revenue (like the bag fees)
The current structure they have with LiveTV is that CO doesn't have to put money up for the installation, and LiveTV gets a majority if not all of the revenue. F9 has also changed to this agreement on their flights, versus what they did in the past.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:10 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Brasila
An airline composed mainly of 737's seems very WN-ish to me.....
An airline composed mainly of RJ's seems very UA-ish to me...
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ncorman
An airline composed mainly of RJ's seems very UA-ish to me...

I think you have the wrong airline...UA does not own any RJ's or 737's that I am aware of?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
But still if one is not flying on a 739, the chance of paying for headphones is not that "small".
Not true at all. If you're on a 739 then it has LiveTV (the 739/73E fleet is fully converted) and that means free headsets. They are in the bin up front on all LivetV equipped aircraft and are free on all those aircraft. If the FA tries to charge you they are incorrect.

If you are on a 738 then the chances are roughly 25% that you will not have LiveTV and therefore have to pay for a headset. The whole fleet is 67% converted. That's pretty small in my book and it is getting smaller every day.

Those are the one plug ones, so I try to plug into the 2 plug one in my seat, was rejected, then finally realized I couldn't do that not unless I pay $3 for the one CO selling that comes with an adaptor.
You shouldn't have had any problems putting a single pin headset into the dual pin outlet and getting sound in one ear.

The second leg which was a 739, so it comes with the free headset automatically, it was placed right when by door 1L for anyone to grab it. So for the routing that I do, if I want entertainment for both 2 legs, it would cost me $9 all together, it just seems quite steep.
Why would it cost you any more than the $3? Take the headset with you. You're buying them, not renting them. And you really would only ever need to buy them if you lost or broke the last pair, right?

Originally Posted by DreamlinerI
I think you have the wrong airline...UA does not own any RJ's or 737's that I am aware of?
And yet there are nearly 300 operating with the name United on the side these days. Amazing, isn't it?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 12, 2010 at 3:12 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Thanks for the comprehensive write up, goalie! I'm glad UA brought the 739 to the event and let us in it. I felt that the F section had slightly more leg room than on a UA 757....anyone else feel that way?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
It will be interesting to see next year wheh the 2 airlines combine on what UA routes may utilize the 737 fleet. UA gave up onthe 737 in fovor of the Airbus. On the other hand, what CO routes may be flown with Airbus aircraft.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

LOL.. As a top tier member on both airlines, I find this thread kind of amusing. It's a regular Continental aircraft with 6 new letters painted on the outside of it, I'm sure most UA elites have been on them many times. There's no way to know if this will be the "New United Airlines" setup. Hopefully, they will have Economy Plus very soon

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
It will be interesting to see next year wheh the 2 airlines combine on what UA routes may utilize the 737 fleet. UA gave up onthe 737 in fovor of the Airbus. On the other hand, what CO routes may be flown with Airbus aircraft.
United Airlines hasn't ordered a single aisle plane this century, it was ordered in the early nineties. Also, United hasn't gotten a new Airbus delivered since early 2002. CO are receiving dozens this year and have plenty on order. The buses are starting to get pretty old (and we all know that UA is not taking care of their aircraft like CO does) and I'm quite sure that the UA buses will be replaced by 737s when they are starting to come to the end of their life in a couple of years, the new UA can just add to the current 737 order
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbm12
And yet there are nearly 300 operating with the name United on the side these days. Amazing, isn't it?
I fly UA all the time and have not been on one or seen one. What route specifically are you talking about and are you lumping in UX planes which are not UA?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DreamlinerI
I fly UA all the time and have not been on one or seen one. What route specifically are you talking about and are you lumping in UX planes which are not UA?
There is not a single Air Europa plane out there with the United name on it. Why would you assume I'm talking about them?

If you want to live in the dream world where United Express planes do not exist as part of the United offering, feel free. Back here in the real world, however, the airlines claim them as their own ("operated on behalf of") in their filings with the various government authorities. Flights operated on these planes are sold under the United brand. If recent history holds true - and there is no reason to believe it will not - UA would be held responsible for problems that occur on the aircraft. Just look at the CO/XJet debacle in MSN last year.

Oh, and nearly every single one of them says "United" on the outside.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Y seats on CO are 17.2 wide vs 17.0 for UA on the Boeings. However on the Airbus UA seats are 18.0 wide. The width I havent really noticed all too much of a difference, however when it comes to walking down the aisle it becomes more evident.
Aha! That makes sense. I don't recall noticing the seat being wider (0.2" would be hard to notice), but 1.2" less of aisle was noticeable.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:20 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by goalie
The economy cabin is all e- tho I though that there might be a tad more legroom than UA’s e-
:t d: etc.

Seriously. CO must have been pushing for this, but it's a major mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.