Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA agrees to honor original terms of Early Bird Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA agrees to honor original terms of Early Bird Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2004, 5:51 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
SanDiego1KI already have an email to UA asking similar questions. But I am sure the idea is only to give the exception to the complainers. So it will just be to FT people.

------------------
gfowler-ord-1k
Visit my web page on how UA is honoring their terms of the Early Bird promo.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">But I am sure the idea is only to give the exception to the complainers. So it will just be to FT people.</font>
Nice one.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 5:56 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Thanks Gene! Whenever we meet I owe you a drink
Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love FT and I continue to appreciate FTers even more now for this wonderful way to get the full credit. Another thanks to GFowler and everyone else involved for working it out so that this corrected credit is SO EASY to get.

P.S. And thanks also to KathyWdrf for telling me last night to read this thread to completion yet again!
Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Agree very much with those sentiments, Richard. Thank you, Gene, for making this happen for all of us. We owe you! And be sure to let your UA contact know his/her customers appreciate UA doing the right thing here without making it ugly.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
This is amazing. gfowler-ord-1K, you are a hero.

-- D
Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:28 pm

Very nice! Thanks a ton!
Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:32 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Bravo gfowler-ord-1K
Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gfowler-ord-1k:
I am getting swell headed from all the complements It was a lot of work but since I am a unemployed bum (or a "man of leisure" as some friends put it) I do have the time to spend on things like this.

</font>
My thanks as well. Swell head or no, you deserve all the kudos. I am happy I patiently waited until after the 27th, and in fact glad that I waited until, your postings today. My process was much simpler because of your efforts. Your counsel to wait through the weekend to see what UA did was wise. I knew that at the point you left for SIN, my 'bugging' CSR staff would have no positive impact.

I am a long time UA flier (connecting from tail-down Central Airlines DC-3s to some of the early 707s at Stapleton), and living in Denver I have a huge 'investment' in seeing that UA is successful. Moreover, so do the thousands of UA employees, who really do try to do the right thing for their customers. Corporate decisions that go awry are not their fault and in the end they want the customers to be happy as well.

So as Shakespeare said: "All's well that ends well."

If our paths cross in an airport, the drinks are on me, as well.

And as you are unemployed, what the heck, perhaps you should MR to various places taking people up on their offers on this thread for steaks and drinks.

It could be a whole new career

Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:55 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by denis in denver:
...And as you are unemployed, what the heck, perhaps you should MR to various places taking people up on their offers on this thread for steaks and drinks...</font>
I will end up with 95K BIS on UA by Mar 22. No more MRs for a while. Mar 26-Apr 9 I am taking a 275 mile rafting trip thru the Grand Canyon to relax.

I will be at the Freddies, hope to see a lot of you there.

------------------
gfowler-ord-1k
Visit my web page on how UA is honoring their terms of the Early Bird promo.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 7:03 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Thanks for your effort Gene.

FT Power
Old Mar 1, 2004, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, yada yada yada
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gfowler-ord-1k:
SanDiego1KI already have an email to UA asking similar questions. But I am sure the idea is only to give the exception to the complainers. So it will just be to FT people.

</font>
Indefatigable! I'll be very interested to hear their response. But I want to offer you my unqualified admiration and thanks for your effort, which I fear was lost in the cynical tone of my earlier post.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thanks Gene for getting them to use a web page for this. I didn't want to pay for a call from Korea! However I have two issues with the web page. The first time I tried it it failed. Perhaps a lot of people trying it now? Then I got through the second time and registered. But I did not receive an email confirmation? Shouldn't there be a confirmation? If not, now I have to call to make sure the web site worked properly which kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Old Mar 1, 2004, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
Gene, you are my hero! I would like to mail you some UA drink chits, so you might have more to enjoy on your leisure trips. Drop me an email with your mailing address and I will get them off to you.
Thanks for facilitating this!
Kate
Old Mar 1, 2004, 7:26 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Gene-

Savor the fruits of your labor!!

I know I will!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.