Wiki Posts
Search

747 / 777 Footrest differences?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2004, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
747 / 777 Footrest differences?

Is it just me or does the 747 C+ footrest extend more than the 777 C+ footrest?

I felt a noticable difference between 15H on 747 vs. 13D on 777 - both with business plus (C+). My legs were almost fully extended on 747 while not even close on 777.

Just curious if anyone else feels the same.

Off topic question: My seat recline would not keep its position on the 747 during my last MR to London this past weekend - it kept slipping back. Matron upstairs grumbled, "thanks" - and then walked away. Dont really care so much about compensation, but would justlike United to fix it for future passengers. I would have been PO'd if I had paid for the seat (vs upgrading V fare).

1. Is it worth writing a letter to UA - will they take note and fix the seat?
2. If 'YES' to question 1 - who do I address the letter to?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by SFO_Chad (edited Mar 07, 2004).]
Old Mar 7, 2004, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OT Answer: The friendly 'matron' is the one who should have handled this. Of course, it is difficult to write and hold onto a walker at the same time.

All kidding aside, I've seen the FAs fill out a maintenance request form on the plane.

You can write a letter to UA and let them know. But in the future, just pull an FA aside and ask them to fill out a maintenance form.

As for the footrest lengths, I've always felt that both aircraft could extend just a few more inches. But I can't say I've noticed a distinct difference between 744 and 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.