Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Its official and ugly, new UA livery, first a/c painted

Its official and ugly, new UA livery, first a/c painted

Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Platinum
The reason they are keeping the Continental logo and paint is to keep the Continental customers!!!!! Even with that many CO customers still are vowing to never fly CO again (although I sincerely doubt they will follow through). It is simply a case of smart business and marketing. Keep both sides as happy and comfortable as you possibly can, and then in a couple years pay a branding agency millions to develop a completely new concept. As has been said before in this thread: this is only temporary!!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
I definitely prefer the tulip, but I'd rather have the United name and the Continental logo than the Continental name and the United logo...
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:15 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Ugly.

And one worries: what if this livery is foreshadowing for what else we might see from Continited.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM
hm i know i have a paintball gun around here somewhere...
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Ugly.

And one worries: what if this livery is foreshadowing for what else we might see from Continited.

I wonder what's next
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by jgsx
Yes, I'm not sure how this thread has got this far without discussing this comment

http://errorlevelanalysis.com/permalink/4bf2a49/

That sure looks like the image file was manipulated.
I agree. And why would they paint a 737 for the first new post merger plane?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by frankmu
I agree. And why would they paint a 737 for the first new post merger plane?
The UNITED looks a bit strange in this photo. It looks a lot different than the rest of the livery. It wouldn't be too hard to go into photoshop, erase CO and type in UA.. Maybe that's why it looks so weird/bad..
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Darby
That livery is 100% the CO brand with the word "United" sprayed on. A real merger of equals would have a much more neutral livery. There is nothing left of UA but the name.
You're right, United really got screwed in this merger if all they got to keep was THE NAME.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by char777
Does anybody else think that image is photoshopped?
This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
As long as the interior has E+, I don't give two shakes what the outside of the plane looks like.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

I wonder what's next
Free alcohol in the RCC.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It's "shopped." Even the blue color (much lighter than the blue of the tail) on the logo is incorrect. We'll see what the real a/c looks like on Friday, no doubt.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by jgsx
Yes, I'm not sure how this thread has got this far without discussing this comment
Replace the word thread with the words pity party and you will have some clue...

SunLover
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:51 am
jss
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
maybe not photshopped--from the Seattle PI today:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/worldairli...ves/222961.asp

"Continental Airlines (Houston) will operate for the last time on September 30 with the last flights of the day. Officially on October 1, 2010 Continental and United Airlines (Chicago) will be merged as "equals" although the United name will survive. Oddly CO's 1991 livery will live on as the merged airline's color scheme.

Boeing 737-924 ER N53442 (msn 33536) is the first CO airplane to receive UA titles. Aircraft 285 and 124 should follow.

The first new UA revenue flight is expected to depart Houston (Bush Intercontinental) on Friday morning. More information to follow."
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Count me in the minority but I liked the current gray and blue color scheme. It looked confident and elegant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.