Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus for using 3 new partners (MPM420)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Bonus for using 3 new partners (MPM420)

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53588,00.html

There are so many Mileage PlusŪ partners you've never tried before.

Register now and make just one new purchase to earn 500 bonus miles.

Try three new partners and you will earn 1,500 bonus award miles.

Hurry, you only have until October 24, 2010 to earn these bonus miles.

Award miles will be posted 8-12 weeks after the promotion ends

--

Offer valid only for recipients of this email. Offer valid from September 24 through October 24, 2010. Registration required. Mileage earning activity must take place by October 24, 2010. For car and hotel transactions, travel must be booked by October 24 and travel must be completed by Nov. 30, 2010 Please allow 8-12 weeks after promotion for posting of award bonus miles. Please note some hotel partners require membership in their program in order to earn Mileage PlusŪ award miles. Bonus may be earned up to three (3) times but must be with different partners. Offer valid only for residents of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Registration required. Not combinable with other non-combinable offers. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Qualifying transactions must be with a partner that you have not earned miles with in the past 6 months. Enrollment is required for Mileage Plus Dining, MyPoints and Netflix to be eligible for bonus miles. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com. (MPM420)
Old Sep 24, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
500/1,500 RDM?

Meh.

Better than nothing I suppose, especially if you'd otherwise have made the purchases anyway. But still, pretty slim pickings.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:24 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Finally got around to trying to do this...surprised not to see more action on it. Anyway, I did a Gap purchase since indeed it is something I need anyway. And I could use even the small bonus points.

This is a first-of-a-kind promotion for me...anyone seen this before and know if multiple retail purchases are 2 or 3 partners, or alternatively if any and all retail = 1, any and all hotel = another, etc?

Also wondering if a hotel point transfer from SPG would work, since I don't have any stays coming right up.

FTF
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:33 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Looks like it's targeted.

Offer valid only for recipients of this email.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
I successfully signed up without having gotten an email. Looks like a very weak attempt to compete with US Grand Slam.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by NCommander
I successfully signed up without having gotten an email. Looks like a very weak attempt to compete with US Grand Slam.
That may not be the case. All promotion registration pages allow you to enter your MP # and even have a "Thank You for Registering" note once you click "register". However, you still need to have been targeted in order to be truly signed up for the offer.

Does the offer appear in your "My Promotions" page? If so, then you probably are indeed signed up.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:54 pm

So, can anyone figure out whether 2 different retailers is 2 partners?

(many tx if someone knows for relatively sure)
Old Oct 16, 2010, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
So, can anyone figure out whether 2 different retailers is 2 partners?

(many tx if someone knows for relatively sure)
MileagePlusShopping is the partner, so I believe purchasing from multiple retailers still counts as one transaction for these promotions. I believe the exception would be Bose, Netflix, FTD, and other retail partners that offer miles apart from MileageplusShopping.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:15 pm

Thanks, drjwhang. ^That makes sense and seems correct (even if I wish it wasn't).

FTF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.