Flight 892 on 2/22/04

Old Feb 19, 04, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Flight 892 on 2/22/04

My partner is on this flight (ICN-SFO). He is ticketed in Y (on V fare) and waitlisted for upgrade. He is a 2P. The other day when I was looking at the seatmap - Y was wide open (80+ seats). Now I cant even get it to price and when I look at the availability by pretend booking a standard award it shows zero for all fare classes except F3, C9, and D9. I dont really care if he gets an op-up (as SWU is expiring soon) - just hoping he gets the upgrade.

My questions:

Is the flight really this full (seems odd to have sold so many tickets in the last 4 days - ie - 80+ coach seats).

Are chances for the upgrade clearing any better if he gets to airport and checks in early?

They wont (shouldnt) op-up anyone over someone supporting an upgrade? (eg - They wouldnt/shouldnt opup a 1K or UGS or collecting cert from a 2P).

Sorry for lengthy post.
Old Feb 19, 04, 11:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFO_Chad:
Is the flight really this full (seems odd to have sold so many tickets in the last 4 days - ie - 80+ coach seats).
</font>
Never use the seat map to determine if SFO-ICN oversold. I got a VDB on this flight last year and the seat map was wide open just hours before the flight. I am guessing that a lot of the tickets for this flight are sold through consolidators and do not have assigned seating. So even if the seat map is wide open, the flight can be oversold. Chances of a Op-upgrade OR VDB are very good on SFO-ICN.

Highly recommend your partner check out the Singapore Airlines Lounge in ICN. It is the best lounge I have ever seen!
Old Feb 19, 04, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GLD
There are no seats left for sale in coach, not even full Y fare. Business class still has plenty left for sale and a pretty empty seat map. Check in early and get on the DM list ...

------------------
sftrvlr
Old Feb 19, 04, 3:30 pm

Chad,

I'd tell your partner to get to the airport early. Coach is packed to the gills and Biz is about 2/3 full. Unless the load drops significantly, that 777 will be FULL! I'd say his chances of an upgrade are pretty good. Hope this helps!

-IFLYUA
Old Feb 19, 04, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Thanks to everyone for the quick responses.

I will pass along the tidbit about getting to airport early and reminding check-in that he is waitlisted for the upgrade.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: