Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Mr. EZ check-in and SWU for international flights

Old Jan 26, 04, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond

I checked in the other day for my SFO-ORD, ORD-AMS, AMS-IAD, IAD-SFO MR at the easy check-in in the domestic terminal.

I jumped through all the hoops and then it printed out a document stating that I would need to get official boarding passes for the following segments (SFO-ORD, ORD-AMS, and AMS-IAD). I went to RCC and they printed out the 3 boarding passes and the CRS stated that 1 SWU would be removed and that I could either get the IAD-SFO boarding pass in AMS or IAD. I requested it in AMS and they removed 5 500 milers from my account.

Interestingly - my boarding pass printed at SFO for AMS-IAD had a different seat than the printed manifest. Shockingly - this flight is the only one to not yet post at ual.com.

Just thought this was very generous - across the pond 2x on 1 SWU.

I called MP and sure enough - only 1 SWU was removed. The 500 milers were returned as I jumped on an earlier flight and got 3 seats to myself in the back of the bus (I forgot how long the 757s are - that right turn is scary after entering door 2L).

[This message has been edited by SFO_Chad (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 04, 1:42 pm

I'm guessing that you left AMS the same day you got there.

I think the computer gets confused sometimes when people are making Mileage Runs, since it does not know what you final destination is. The computer thought you must have been trying to get to IAD.
Old Jan 26, 04, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IK in Seattle...I think you've nailed it. I've often done same-day return trips and only 1 E-Upgrade was deducted for the entire day's round trip. This was checking in with human units, getting all Boarding Passes in both directions up front.

I haven't experienced this Internationally yet, as I don't do turn-around Mileage Runs. But definitely U.S. Domestic it's happened to me. Many times.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: