F/As make out at 40000 ft

Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmustaf
If the OP was a troll/is exaggerating, then sure, my reaction would be a bit extreme, but in my book EX's 1957 posts kind of give him enough credibility I won't do that without some compelling reason to think otherwise.
I am offended that my post warranted a "troll" mention. Most posters on this website are familiar with me and my handle, which is self explanatory as well as in all capital letters!

To explain it as appropriately as possible within the limitations of this forum, please remember how it is, when a relationship begins. It's hot, it's steamy. One is looking for a secluded booth in a restaurant, a seat in the last row in the movie theatre, a dark spot in the parking lot? Time? 2,3,4 hours or longer seems pretty short.

This is the WikiHow definition of how to make out for the first time : " Making out is an American term that, for young people, generally applies to kissing, sometimes for a long time, and sometimes with passion."

What we were presented with in front of us was much more intense than what is said above; it did, however, not involve sex. Someone mentioned that massages take place all the time when crewmembers get together in the air. However, this massage was not a simple, reinvigorating neck massage. At least not with the main character. The hair challenged F/A was not so lucky....

It happened in front of watching and paying ( not for the show but for the trip ) passengers. That was my point and I was looking for how other members in this forum would feel about that.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
It happened in front of watching and paying ( not for the show but for the trip ) passengers. That was my point and I was looking for how other members in this forum would feel about that.
FWIW I wouldn't like being a captive audience to their actions one bit. I would definitely consider sending a complaint to CR.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Fredd
Two 40-year-olds on display in a jumpseat at 40,000 feet maintaining 1,2 or 3 for 3-4 hours?

Appropriateness, propriety and taste aside, I can't help but be impressed by their stamina! ^
^ It's been a long time since the Mrs and i engaged in any activity for 3-4 hours...except perhaps arguing!

As to the OP's basic question... to be honest I'm not entirely sure what I'd do. But I'd lean towards a complaint, more due to the fact that I was repeatedly disturbed by FA "activity" than by the activity itself. Just my two cents.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
I would absolutely report it. You have nowhere else to go, they disturbed your rest, and it's just totally unprofessional. How do they expect to garner respect from passengers with that kind of behavior? I would expect better than this. And if they were NOT in the crew rest area, wouldn't that mean they were "on the clock"?

My husband and I once had to witness two passengers going at it in first class, that was bad enough (and tacky), but they weren't working. It was tasteless, but in that case, nothing to complain about.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: United 1MM, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
I'd be surprised if this isn't in the company employee conduct policy. As mentioned, a quick peck on the cheek is one thing, but there is some behavior an company expects their staff not to engage in...especially in uniform in front of paying customers while on the clock. Be it making out or other behavior some might find offensive...I think reporting it is entirely appropriate.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
+1 report

I suggest you emphasize in your report that the UA employee disturbed you, apologized, but then kept repeating the behavior that resulted in his disturbing you, over and over.

And as to what level of making out is possible while sitting in an FA jump seat, my imagination tells me that I could do quite a lot of making out with an similarly motivated female FA who's feeling the same chemistry while sitting next to her in a jump seat....
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:56 pm

Hey, I hope you didn't take offense on my accord, I wasn't calling you a troll - I was simply responding to someone who insinuated your account may or may not be accurate (either intentionally or unintentionally).

As I wrote earlier, I'm taking your word on its face value and with the fact you have a long record here.

I'm not looking to call anyone names or offend, just discuss. Hope my words didn't portray/say/insinuate something I didn't mean, I tried to pose it quite clearly that I didn't *not* think you were a troll and that I wasn't going to question your post's veracity.

I am offended that my post warranted a "troll" mention. Most posters on this website are familiar with me and my handle, which is self explanatory as well as in all capital letters!

To explain it as appropriately as possible within the limitations of this forum, please remember how it is, when a relationship begins. It's hot, it's steamy. One is looking for a secluded booth in a restaurant, a seat in the last row in the movie theatre, a dark spot in the parking lot? Time? 2,3,4 hours or longer seems pretty short.

This is the WikiHow definition of how to make out for the first time : " Making out is an American term that, for young people, generally applies to kissing, sometimes for a long time, and sometimes with passion."

What we were presented with in front of us was much more intense than what is said above; it did, however, not involve sex. Someone mentioned that massages take place all the time when crewmembers get together in the air. However, this massage was not a simple, reinvigorating neck massage. At least not with the main character. The hair challenged F/A was not so lucky....

Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mre5765
Why do I bother?

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1036,00.html
Also, unauthorized photography, audio, or video recording of airline personnel, aircraft equipment, or procedures is always prohibited. Any voice, audio, video, or other photography (motion or still), recording, or transmission while on any United Airlines aircraft is strictly prohibited, except to the extent specifically permitted by United Airlines.
Since you agreed to these conditions when you bought the ticket, when you post a photo of two FAs engaged in on-board coitus, you are disobeying a crew member. Which in this post-9/11 insanity, will always get you an interview with a cop.

I could see that one might get in trouble for failing to follow crew member instructions if one of them TOLD me to stop taking pictures, but I don't think anyone could reasonably assume that every passenger first studies all the various policies on an airline's website in order to be able to follow them unprompted. If it was important to UA that passengers don't take pictures, they should have the FAs make announcements at the beginning of the flight.

Once you have the video, post it "anonymously" on Youtube. I very much doubt that any law enforcement agency would be interested in tracking you down for posting that video even if it violates UA policy.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmustaf
Hey, I hope you didn't take offense on my accord, I wasn't calling you a troll - I was simply responding to someone who insinuated your account may or may not be accurate (either intentionally or unintentionally).

As I wrote earlier, I'm taking your word on its face value and with the fact you have a long record here.

I'm not looking to call anyone names or offend, just discuss. Hope my words didn't portray/say/insinuate something I didn't mean, I tried to pose it quite clearly that I didn't *not* think you were a troll and that I wasn't going to question your post's veracity.

Thanks for clarifying, your explanation is appreciated.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Once you have the video, post it "anonymously" on Youtube. I very much doubt that any law enforcement agency would be interested in tracking you down for posting that video even if it violates UA policy.
I wouldn't be worried at all about them tracking you down afterward -- only about the hassle the crew could give you during the rest of the flight and/or at the arrival station. Getting kinda off-topic, though; I wasn't sure I was 100% serious when I first brought up that photo/video might make a nervous FA retaliate to try to shut it down.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by seamaster73
bow chica wow wow
Originally Posted by kenhawk
Congrats to the female FA for finding a straight, 40 year old male FA to "make out" (whatever that means) with.
Thread winners right here.

I agree that the FAs' conduct was completely unprofessional and tacky. But it's so unique to see FAs being unprofessional in an affectionate, positive way that I'd totally let it slide (and probably be a bit giddy at the absurd humanity of the situation). Yes, the OP was apparently disserviced. But, given a choice, I personally would rather be inconvenienced in this way than from FAs being verbally abusive, neglectful, making up their own rules, etc. I'm not saying it's right, just that it's so frickin' novel that I'd be more amused than anything else.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by 1111
I wouldn't be worried at all about them tracking you down afterward -- only about the hassle the crew could give you during the rest of the flight and/or at the arrival station. Getting kinda off-topic, though; I wasn't sure I was 100% serious when I first brought up that photo/video might make a nervous FA retaliate to try to shut it down.
I have yet to see a crew member on a UA flight have an issue with me taking photos... and I take a lot of photos. True, most are out the window, but some are of my wife or kid next to me, sometimes what passes for food on my plate, sometimes the paper towels stuffed in the crevice between the wall and overhead compartment (trying to keep condensation in check). Lots and lots and lots of photos.

Do I take photos of FAs going about their work, or other passengers (aside from those in the background)? No. I do wish I'd taken some photos of the FAs in various Tour de France dress on my return from Paris 7/26.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
...They moved a lot and frequently kicked my legs ( I am 6'4" ) which kept me from sleeping peacefully, although they apologized each and every time...
I would complain. No matter what someone thinks about their behavior, I would complain if for nothing else that after kicking you twice, they didn't modify their behavior. You had the right to sleep without FA flailing about waking you up multiple times.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:43 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by kcblakely
^
Hell yeah, Bow chicka woaw woaw !^

Though very unprofessional.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by Burj
It wasn't professional... If it bothered you enough to post about it to FlyerTalk, I would suggest it bothered you enough to merit reporting it...

BTW you DO know that this is the exact situation that camera phones and YouTube were designed for, right?
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.