Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you defend UA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:26 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i defend ua simply by putting my tuchas in a seat and saying thank you to the folks that work there with tootsie-pops
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
To paraphrase the opening of one of my favorite movies (The Song of Bernadette), ""For those who believe ... , no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not believe ... , no explanation is possible."
Ohhhhh! I am going to use that!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aluminumdriver
That's easy, they have the best pilots!

AD
^

You're being tongue in cheek, AD, but know that I do believe United has some of the absolute best pilots in the industry, and is definitely one of the main reasons I fly UA.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:17 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Whilst I know United doesn't love me anymore (only a 1K), I do know that they are no worse than many and that E+ is a real benefit. You sometimes come across someone who really wants to help and that makes up for a good number of times when no one cared.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: *G
E+ on international is the only thing going for me.

given a choice, id fly anything else domestic.

truth be told i fly whatever is local to me as a hub. now that ive moved away from a UA hub, its not a decision that i have to make. well, that and the fact that the company im "switching" back to and united are 1..... ^
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Notwithstanding the perks that come from elite status, WN no longer has the cheapest fares (and they are the only discount carrier with good nationwide coverage), so why would I suffer in their horrible "cattle-cars" if I can't save any money?!! If the price is the same, then I would first go to UA because I will get E+ and maybe more. If WN is cheaper than UA, then I would go to US Air before WN because I earn UA status even though their E seats are as bad as WN's IMHO, and IME, US Air is consistently cheaper than WN. Sometimes CO is cheaper and I will go with them because I earn UA status there also. Unless WN is cheaper, they have nothing to offer.

Last edited by zombietooth; Aug 20, 2010 at 8:45 pm
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Skiff
^

You're being tongue in cheek, AD, but know that I do believe United has some of the absolute best pilots in the industry, and is definitely one of the main reasons I fly UA.
Now that it's been mentioned, I do recall bringing up UA's strong safety record in discussions of airlines. However, it wouldn't stop me from switching for convenience purposes. (I mean I fly CI, after all......... )
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Most importantly routing and location, I used to be based on Norfolk and I basically had two options to get to Taiwan, UA and NW.

All the legacies have their +'s and -'s so it's really just about convenience for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.