Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA seeking feedback from LAX-SYD F customers who have flown on Flight 839 since 8/3

UA seeking feedback from LAX-SYD F customers who have flown on Flight 839 since 8/3

Old Aug 6, 2010, 3:15 pm
Company Representative - United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: United Public Relations

Hi folks,

We are looking for feedback from LAX-SYD F customers who have flown on Flight 839, LAX-SYD, in United First since August 3.

If you've flown this route, you may have had an opportunity during boarding to meet with a United mechanic (wearing white overalls with United States and Australian flags) who works on the B747 and makes certain our customers are familiar with the aircraft, seats and IFE controls. The mechanic also helps answer any questions our customers may have about the plane or the maintenance program in general.

One of United’s internal communications managers is working on an article about the new program and would like your feedback.

Did you find the interaction helpful?

Is this something you’d like to see expanded to other international flights?

Would you like more opportunities to meet and talk to the employees who are normally behind-the-scenes?

Let us know your thoughts! Please send a message at your convenience to [email protected] by next Friday, August 13. Your input and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks again for flying United!

United PR

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 7, 2010 at 8:09 am Reason: thread title too vague
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:03 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by United PR
and makes certain our customers are familiar with the aircraft, seats and IFE controls.
I wonder if he's taking notes on how often the POS Panasonic Aero IFE system crashes/bluescreens during a flight.

Hope so.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Premier Plat (1.2 MM), Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, GE
Sounds like a wonderful way to get some constructive feedback from elite customers. Unfortunately, I'll be back in Row 45 on UA 839 this coming Friday so I suspect I won't get to see these folks
Old Aug 7, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
I'm on 839 LAX-SYD on Wed in F.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
United PR, It is wonderful idea please include other routes as well C cabin, most of us are not fortunately enough flying F international but lots in C.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Originally Posted by karung99
United PR, It is wonderful idea please include other routes as well C cabin, most of us are not fortunately enough flying F international but lots in C.
This is not a general survey on this route, but a rifle shot at a v specific service issue that does not apply to C...
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by nzpilot
This is not a general survey on this route, but a rifle shot at a v specific service issue that does not apply to C...
Which is something the FA's can take care of and does not require a "Special" person onboard.

If you are flying F, you have flown before and should know the layout of the seat and the controls, else there are instructions and a FA onboard to help.

I would rather the money spent changing the attitude of FA's on these flights from we are not an inconvenience but a guest who is flying United.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I am not opposed to this service enhancement, though I would rather see the money spent making the International First Class lounges a little more like LH or TG.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:46 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by Asuka
Originally Posted by nzpilot
Which is something the FA's can take care of and does not require a "Special" person onboard.

If you are flying F, you have flown before and should know the layout of the seat and the controls, else there are instructions and a FA onboard to help.

I would rather the money spent changing the attitude of FA's on these flights from we are not an inconvenience but a guest who is flying United.
How can the FAs troubleshoot the IFE when they already have their hands full being primarily there for our safety?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:05 am
Formerly known as aep

Programs: Nothing special in many programs
Originally Posted by United PR
a United mechanic (wearing white overalls with United States and Australian flags)
Might I say that would be rather hard to miss! What an odd fashion statement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.