Reserving E+ Seats

Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Reserving E+ Seats

Good Morning UA Flyertalkers!
I wonder if I might draw on your experience, in relation to pre-booking E+ Seats. I am a bmi british midland Gold card holder and usually have no problem booking seats in E+. However, for my next trip, 2 friends are travelling with me and UA have told me that they cannot preallocate 3 seats for me. They mentioned something about splitting my PNR and reserving just 2 seats?
I am travelling UA 905 19 FEB LHR-JFK and UA 956 23 FEB JFK-LHR. Can anyone offer any advice/help/assstance in how to proceed?
Many Thanks!
dcgS
Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:37 am

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. Even as a UA 1K, I can only get 2 E+ seats allocated. That's the policy, and in most cases (with some exceptions for the creative people that even still get wiped out if the record gets touched at all before check-in) the computer won't let anything else happen.

So you've basically got a choice. 2 of you in E+ and one in E, or try to get a whole row in E allocated to the three of you.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
If you get two E+ seats with an empty one between you, and an aisle in E for the third member of your party, maybe there's a chance someone else in E+ will get upgraded, the middle person between you (if any) will move to the vacant seat, and . . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.