United Airlines is now on Facebook

Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:58 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond

It's official! Welcome to United's official Facebook page. We connect customers to 1,000 destinations worldwide, with the communities we serve and now with our fans here on Facebook. Suzi, Sam, Corie and friends look forward to chatting with you!

In case anybody wants to follow them

http://www.facebook.com/unitedairlines
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:21 am

I wonder who's going to be the first to post about Starnet Blocking.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
lol, ual7. It's about time, and it looks nice! ^
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Glad to see an official page! Suzi, the Marketing Communication Manager, sent me a message thanking me for answering questions on the un-official page. Maybe they'll give me a Red Carpet for my help!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:59 pm
Company Representative - United Airlines

Programs: United Public Relations

Thanks for checking it out, folks.

We intend to chat with friends, poll customers, launch promotions, and talk about the joys of travel and all the cool places United can take you. Members of the United Facebook team will administer the page and spark ideas for further discussion.

Of course, we also know that you folks are enthusiastic experts in all things United, and we encourage you to post comments and join the conversation.

Show ‘em how it’s done, FT’ers!

We’re very excited here, but as always we’re interested in your thoughts. Let us know!

Many thanks,

United PR
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
United PR, so does this mean you are going to come up with FBARES too?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by United PR
Thanks for checking it out, folks.

We intend to chat with friends, poll customers, launch promotions, and talk about the joys of travel and all the cool places United can take you. Members of the United Facebook team will administer the page and spark ideas for further discussion.

Of course, we also know that you folks are enthusiastic experts in all things United, and we encourage you to post comments and join the conversation.

Show ‘em how it’s done, FT’ers!

We’re very excited here, but as always we’re interested in your thoughts. Let us know!

Many thanks,

United PR
looks good and it's about time
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Pat89339
United PR, so does this mean you are going to come up with FBARES too?
Wouldn't it be FWARES?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:57 pm

Anyways, thanks United PR! Looks great. Love the pictures of the 777 Y Cabin.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Wouldn't it be FWARES?
TWitter fARES = TWARES

Facebook commonly referred to as FB + fARES = FBARES. There's no "w" in Facebook by the way. And they can't just call it FARES.

Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cordelli
It's official! Welcome to United's official Facebook page. We connect customers to 1,000 destinations worldwide, with the communities we serve and now with our fans here on Facebook. Suzi, Sam, Corie and friends look forward to chatting with you!

In case anybody wants to follow them

http://www.facebook.com/unitedairlines
OK, so I go to the page, but I can't find any link that'll let me add it to my FB acct. Seems to be a page alright, but not a group? Anyone have a recipe that'll do this?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Platinum Ambassador
Nice to see - can never have too much interaction. Hopefully will continue to be updated/staffed, but already seems like many people are posting comments and pictures.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by BH62
OK, so I go to the page, but I can't find any link that'll let me add it to my FB acct. Seems to be a page alright, but not a group? Anyone have a recipe that'll do this?
You need to click on the "Like" button at the top. Yes, it's a Page, not a Group... it's like any other business-related page. It behaves kind of like a person's page - updates will show up in your news feed.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 2P
I liked it! Seems a little bit late to be joining facebook but I guess better late than never. It's a good way to keep in touch with customers.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 11800506
I liked it! Seems a little bit late to be joining facebook but I guess better late than never. It's a good way to keep in touch with customers.
+1

I'm glad they decided to create an official page. However, they should have made one a long time ago..
I bet the "I hate United" posts are probably going to start pouring in. I, as well as UAL4LIFE have noticed a number of people saying &$%! UA, United can suck @$#@, etc...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.