FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Optathlon Game on United's Website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1107650-optathlon-game-uniteds-website.html)

cmn.jcs Jul 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by HNLescapee (Post 14358690)
So is there a way to check your position on the board without having to resubmit at the end of a game? I'd like to see if I'm still #1 on Linejump Hero, but I don't want to submit a lower score and lose my position...

You won't lose your position. I think it says what position your score would place you in, but if you click submit then it shows the scoreboard but lists your highest score and the corresponding position.

jason8612 Jul 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Now, will the 10% ecert work with the LGA EQM promo?

dearbee Jul 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Never thought I would enjoy a kid throwing stuff at me from the seat in front of me.

jyflyer Jul 26, 2010 3:46 am

Got over 7 e-certs today. lol. :D

TPacific Jul 26, 2010 5:24 am

Got two e-certs rather easily just now. The software seems a little buggy on chrome browser but got the e-certs nonetheless.

MayorMcKnife Jul 26, 2010 5:31 am

No instant love for me since the first day. Anybody else notice "COMING SOON: THREE NEW GAMES"?

Denver mile hound Jul 26, 2010 10:35 am

Originally Posted by sidestep (Post 14336398)
sorry for the question- how does one get to the game?

Try this link: http://www.optathlon.com/?links=uct

matti2d Jul 26, 2010 11:27 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 14354916)
Who cares about the silly games -- they should have a score board showing who won how many instant prizes. ;)

we need a spreadsheet tracking wins vs. status. as a 2P,I have one lonely win under my belt after playing every day on two email addresses.

goodeats21 Jul 26, 2010 1:14 pm

I've been playing semi-frequently for days now...no luck with any winnings. If United will bestow me a 10% e-cert, I would book a flight :p

BTW, the music on the line-jumping game is a bit hypnotic...been playing in my head for awhile now.

MayorMcKnife Jul 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Uh oh - got the official email earlier tonight. Now our chances for the 1,000/day prizes have become much less:
Dear MayorMcKnife,

Put your gaming skills to the test, and enter for a chance to win one of 1,000 prizes to be awarded each day. Play the Optathlon, a series of high-energy online games from Travel Options by UnitedSM, for your chance to score big prizes. Here's how:
Choose from two games to play online. Each day you play, you'll get one chance to win an electronic certificate for 10% off a future flight. Plus, you can enter for a chance to win one million award miles.
Hurry, the games end October 15, 2010. Play online at games.united.com today.

rkaradi Jul 26, 2010 10:28 pm

love the games so much fun. Still no 10% off :(

Flyer Sean Jul 27, 2010 2:29 am

This is really frustrating, it starts to load and gets a quarter to a halfway done and then says

Bad file length

and goes nowhere. I am using a new Mac and tried to with both safari and firefox.

Any Ideas?

Quasiconvexity Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Anyone managed any jumps shorter than 6ft? ;)

goodeats21 Jul 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 14368192)
I've been playing semi-frequently for days now...no luck with any winnings. If United will bestow me a 10% e-cert, I would book a flight :p

BTW, the music on the line-jumping game is a bit hypnotic...been playing in my head for awhile now.

Have to update my own post. Finally scored a 10% award. Was waiting for it to book a weekend trip....all set now.
Thanks United.

Jimgotkp Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Won 2 10% e-certs..... Can I transfer it to other people?