Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optathlon Game on United's Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Who's #1 on the mobile high score board? You guessed it. Me.

Probably only last for 5 minutes but I feel like I have accomplished something with my day now. Also the UDU success today didnt hurt either.

Last edited by worldtraveller76; Jul 23, 2010 at 8:27 pm
Old Jul 23, 2010, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by worldtraveller76
Who's #1 on the mobile high score board? You guessed it. Me.

Probably only last for 5 minutes but I like I have accomplished something with my day now. Also the UDU success today didnt hurt either.
Who cares about the silly games -- they should have a score board showing who won how many instant prizes.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hmm, the iPhone app creator is "Matmi", their only other app in the app store is called "Ho Ho Yellow Snow":

I'll leave others to speculate as to why United picked them to create the app

I must say though, it does look like Santa has quite a hook
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
I see some other games by Matmi:

Monster Pinball
Ice Road Pinball
Multiball Pinball
Elf

Ho Ho Yellow Snow is a game worth buying
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: UA G
Man, I won two 10% offs on the first day (of this thread at least) but have won nothing since
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by unavaca
Man, I won two 10% offs on the first day (of this thread at least) but have won nothing since
Finally got my first 10% coupon. At least you had two right out the gate.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 1:48 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Haven't won any 10% off certs yet..
Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Exec, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat Elite
Strategy

On the line jump game, is there a particular altitude where you are more likely to pick up "jets"?

On launch, anyone have a recommended strategy for launch angle?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 8:18 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ed ONeill
On the line jump game, is there a particular altitude where you are more likely to pick up "jets"?

On launch, anyone have a recommended strategy for launch angle?
I seem to get more jets and rockets when launching 'higher'...That is, up and to the left (up, and to the left, up, and to the left)--oops, sorry, got stuck in a JFK thing there.

The first 2 days I played it (a couple of times), I was getting REALLY high scores (for a while I was 4th overall, then 9th, and since have slipped to only the top 20). I think either they'd changed the gravity in the game like someone mentioned here, but started getting longer jumps again when I just kept going higher and higher and didn't worry about the distance so much.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by unavaca
I got one 10% cert the very first time I played, and nothing since then no matter what email address I use and no matter what device I use (laptop/iPhone/iPad). I have a feeling that they reduced the chances of winning quite a bit.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:55 am

I've got uhh seven since but it's getting boring and I figure I already got what I wanted in the end.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Ive got two 10 percent coupons. One yesterday one today. Is it really only one try per day? And I have a zillion email addresses. I suppose that helps!
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by JCBIII
Has anyone won the RCC day pass yet? Or is that a future consolation prize for The Big Drawing?
Yes, I won one it was valid for single entry for 2 subsequent days, You need to enter your name and a flight reservation number.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yes, I won one it was valid for single entry for 2 subsequent days, You need to enter your name and a flight reservation number.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected. My interest in that option just dropped to zero.

If I can get a couple more 10% certs, I'll be done for the rest of the year; most of my travel is either already booked or international.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
So is there a way to check your position on the board without having to resubmit at the end of a game? I'd like to see if I'm still #1 on Linejump Hero, but I don't want to submit a lower score and lose my position...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.