Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The dreadful new website spreads to email marketing communication "Miles Snapshot"

The dreadful new website spreads to email marketing communication "Miles Snapshot"

Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond

I haven't seen this on the forum yet, but it arrived in my e-mail in-box about 5 minutes ago:

"New: your miles snapshot - a weekly guide to maximize miles"

This would be welcome if it actually told me anything I didn't already know (or wasn't signed up for). I appreciate that UA is trying to get some more casual travellers on board with different ways to earn miles, but perhaps it should be targeted to them. However, my favorite statement is the bold line at the top of the e-mail:

"HNLescapee, you have 641,512 award miles. That's enough for a roundtrip flight.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HNLescapee
I haven't seen this on the forum yet, but it arrived in my e-mail in-box about 5 minutes ago:

"New: your miles snapshot - a weekly guide to maximize miles"

This would be welcome if it actually told me anything I didn't already know (or wasn't signed up for). I appreciate that UA is trying to get some more casual travellers on board with different ways to earn miles, but perhaps it should be targeted to them. However, my favorite statement is the bold line at the top of the e-mail:

"HNLescapee, you have 641,512 award miles. That's enough for a roundtrip flight.
I just got it too and agree, meh.

BTW, you're getting ripped off, I have only 156,000 mile and I have enough for a roundtrip flight
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
So you're saying it's okay to go ahead and book that ORD-DEN RT that I've been saving up for...?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:08 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Window dressing w/suggestions to burn the miles. On another note it seems they are following AA's lead with topics for elites sent out in 4-5 seperate emails. I think I rec'vd the upgrade one from UA last week.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
I just got it too and agree, meh.

BTW, you're getting ripped off, I have only 156,000 mile and I have enough for a roundtrip flight
I can get a Rt for only 120,000.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:12 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by HNLescapee
On Delta, that's enough miles for ONE roundtrip!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Weekly Shapshot

I recieved this E-mail too, but I was shorted 3,000 miles that are in my MP account. Does that mean if I spend the 109,000 miles on a RT which I qualify for I can keep the 3,000
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:38 pm
In Memoriam

rt

My wife has all of you beat.

She can get a RT for only 33k miles...what a bargain.

Mine costs 456k. I think I will use her miles instead of mine.

wwbgd
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
I can now get a trip for a little over 2 million miles." To the moon Alice!"
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
I can now get a trip for a little over 2 million miles." To the moon Alice!"
Lol but wrong airline - with those miles call Sir Richard & start dealing! Status match challenge?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:54 pm

I especially like that it's a 'Weekly Snapshot', but the mileage balance in the email is about 10 days old "Summary as of 07/05/2010".

So each week they'll be sending me completely wrong mileage data. That sounds thrilling.

Time to write another rule in Outlook.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K [0.280MM since Feb 25, '02], UA Red Carpet Club, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by Madone59
I recieved this E-mail too, but I was shorted 3,000 miles that are in my MP account. Does that mean if I spend the 109,000 miles on a RT which I qualify for I can keep the 3,000
By the time the weekly "Miles Snapshot" is delivered, it is likely to be meaningless and outdated. I was shorted nearly 20,000 miles compared to the current info in my account...
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by dcshungu
By the time the weekly "Miles Snapshot" is delivered, it is likely to be meaningless and outdated. I was shorted nearly 20,000 miles compared to the current info in my account...
But could you still get a round trip?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Plat
The total was from right before my Chase 50k bonus miles had posted...I had a near heart attack thinking they had been reversed for some reason before noticing that the balance was way old.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:59 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Exactly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.