Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Split PNR Family Trip w/ No Seats on ORD -> BOS this Saturday Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Split PNR Family Trip w/ No Seats on ORD -> BOS this Saturday Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis PC
Question Split PNR Family Trip w/ No Seats on ORD -> BOS this Saturday Question

Hi All --

I had a business trip to Boston schedule and we ended up turning it into a family trip as well the weekend prior. We are taking the 6:15am ORD -> BOS this Saturday and I'm confirmed in 10A (E+) through my corporate travel, but my wife and son are on their own ticket with no seats. The flight shows no seats available in E- and I can't see E+ since I have no status.

I'm curious what could happen in this situation and what our options are? If there are seats in E+ would my wife and son get seats in there at check-in? I imagine if E- seats open up they may get seated there as well. I'm a bit concerned because our son is only 2 1/2 and he can't sit alone.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Last edited by Zentos; Jun 21, 2010 at 10:30 am Reason: fixing title...
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:37 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
There are currently 26 empty seats in E+ according to a seat map (may not be totally accurate) and all E- seats are taken.

Normally, you would get seated in E+ if no other seats are available. And they will certainly not separate your wife and son. They will move people around to accomodate.

I would say keep checking... you may see seats come up before you do electronic checkin... if not, it should happen at the airport.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Since your son is 2 1/12, then he is on the same PNR as your wife? Correct? It it marked in the PNR that he is an infant?

As far as E+, there are presently 26 unassigned seats, althought most are exit rows. There are 9 unassigned non-exit rows seats including 10BC, 11BC, 14EF. E- is 100% assigned/blocked at the moment.

Suggest arriving early at the airport and work on getting adjacent seats -- they will pull them into E+ if needed to do that.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Since your son is 2 1/12, then he is on the same PNR as your wife? Correct? It it marked in the PNR that he is an infant?

As far as E+, there are presently 26 unassigned seats, althought most are exit rows. There are 9 unassigned non-exit rows seats including 10BC, 11BC, 14EF. E- is 100% assigned/blocked at the moment.

Suggest arriving early at the airport and work on getting adjacent seats -- they will pull them into E+ if needed to do that.
He is marked as child, but not an infant (lap kid) and my wife and him are on the same PNR. That's very intriguing that 10BC are open, since they are next to me. We plan to arrive early since we have the toddler in tow so maybe this will work out and we'll all end up in E+.

Thanks you both for checking the E+ stock for me and the details!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Zentos
He is marked as child, but not an infant (lap kid) and my wife and him are on the same PNR. That's very intriguing that 10BC are open, since they are next to me. We plan to arrive early since we have the toddler in tow so maybe this will work out and we'll all end up in E+.

I suggest you try on-line check-in at the earliest possible moment. If your spouse does not already have a Mileage Plus acct, sign her up. That way she can view her reservation (and maybe change her seat) on-line.
--
13F
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: UA1K, AAPlat, SPG-G
Originally Posted by Zentos

Go to airport early, be nice and explain, a kind agent will put you all together. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.