Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

triple EQM promo ORD/LGA (MPD600) - targeted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA

Didn't see this posted before:

Terms & Conditions (MPD600)

1. Offer valid only for Mileage Plus members residing in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, New York, Connecticut or New Jersey. Residency will be determined by the primary address on the Mileage Plus account at the time the bonus is awarded.
2. Offer is valid for travel on nonstop flights between Chicago O’Hare and New York LaGuardia, on itineraries for travel solely between Chicago O’Hare and New York LaGuardia.
3. Registration is required before travel begins and must be completed before August 31, 2010.
4. To be eligible for the offer, registration is required at united.com/offer/mpd600.
5. Registered members will earn triple Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) and triple flight miles on paid qualifying segments flown during the offer travel period.
6. Travel period: June 16, 2010 to August 31, 2010.
7. Ticketing period: June 16, 2010 to August 31, 2010.
8. Participation in this offer does not guarantee elite status.
9. E-Ticket® purchase required.
10. For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
11. Triple EQM and triple flight miles are defined as three times the actual base flight miles credited to the account for qualifying flights taken during the offer period.
12. The bonus flight miles and bonus EQM will be credited 4-6 weeks after qualifying activity.
13. To be eligible, qualifying travel must be posted to the Mileage Plus account no later than December 30, 2010
14. This offer does not apply to class-of-service, elite bonus miles, or promotional EQM.
15. Offer valid for all paid, published fares. Offer not valid on government fares.
16. Offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
17. Passenger must be a member of United’s Mileage Plus frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
18. Offer valid on flights operated by United and United Express®. Offer not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers or on Star Alliance flights.
19. Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) cannot be redeemed for award travel.
20. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
21. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:15 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Add to your balance and reach elite status three times as fast

Fly nonstop between Chicago O'Hare and New York LaGuardia and get both triple flight miles and triple Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM). Even better, there's no limit to how many miles you can earn!

Purchase and fly between June 16 and August 31, 2010.

Don't miss this chance to get closer to elite status AND award travel - register and fly today!

Travel must be completed by August 31, 2010.

Registration dates: June 16, 2010 - August 31, 2010
Ticketing dates: June 16, 2010 - August 31, 2010
Travel dates: June 16, 2010 - August 31, 2010

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53495,00.html

Terms & Conditions (MPD600)

Offer valid only for Mileage Plus members residing in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, New York, Connecticut or New Jersey. Residency will be determined by the primary address on the Mileage Plus account at the time the bonus is awarded.

Offer is valid for travel on nonstop flights between Chicago O’Hare and New York LaGuardia, on itineraries for travel solely between Chicago O’Hare and New York LaGuardia.

Registration is required before travel begins and must be completed before August 31, 2010.

To be eligible for the offer, registration is required at united.com/offer/mpd600.

Registered members will earn triple Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) and triple flight miles on paid qualifying segments flown during the offer travel period.

Travel period: June 16, 2010 to August 31, 2010.

Ticketing period: June 16, 2010 to August 31, 2010.

Participation in this offer does not guarantee elite status.

E-Ticket® purchase required.

For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.

Triple EQM and triple flight miles are defined as three times the actual base flight miles credited to the account for qualifying flights taken during the offer period.

The bonus flight miles and bonus EQM will be credited 4-6 weeks after qualifying activity.

To be eligible, qualifying travel must be posted to the Mileage Plus account no later than December 30, 2010

This offer does not apply to class-of-service, elite bonus miles, or promotional EQM.

Offer valid for all paid, published fares. Offer not valid on government fares.

Offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.

Passenger must be a member of United’s Mileage Plus frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.

Offer valid on flights operated by United and United Express®. Offer not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers or on Star Alliance flights.

Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) cannot be redeemed for award travel.

Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program.

The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:17 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.186 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Figures that I have travel already booked....I doubt they will relent on the ticketing dates as they have for past EQM promos. It hurts a bit though with triple EQMs...
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:19 pm

Three days to match not counting the weekend.

How about matching low fares now?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:20 pm

Looks like the lowest LGA-ORD roundtrip right now is $203. 733 miles x 6 = 4,398 EQM/roundtrip, or ~4.6 cents per mile.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Awesome

I'm on this a lot. Even better that it's not limited to R/Ts only (as I read it) as I do a lot of O/W and multi-city.

(edit) I see the "only between ORD/LGA line". Sigh. So no connecting flights - wonder if one-ways still count.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:30 pm

I registered but not showing up under my promotions. Anyone else?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:39 pm

from My Promotions page: "Please note that registration may take up to 48 hours to process."
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
I live in WI but didn't receive a link AFAIK; can you post it ?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The two threads have been combined (at least the posts about the triple miles) and the link is now up in this thread

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53495,00.html
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
So UA did match http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-response.html
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Looks like it, so I closed the older thread now that the speculation can end and discussion can take place on the announced terms of the program (plus the well-titled thread by the OP should help avoid any confusion; thanks).
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Thanks UA. ^

I just booked 2 RTs in July ORD-LGA-ORD and will book more.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Question Key Question

The T&Cs say

The bonus flight miles and bonus EQM will be credited 4-6 weeks after qualifying activity.
Here's my dilemma: I'm 2,000-ish EQM short of Q2 CR1s. If I fly at the end of June, what will happen? Will Q2 CR1s post 1-2 months later when the bonus EQMs post? Or will I simply not receive them? Argh!!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
Originally Posted by as219
The T&Cs say

Here's my dilemma: I'm 2,000-ish EQM short of Q2 CR1s. If I fly at the end of June, what will happen? Will Q2 CR1s post 1-2 months later when the bonus EQMs post? Or will I simply not receive them? Argh!!
You will not receive them, as BIS miles are used to calculate the 10,000 miles in a quarter, not EQM. This promo would not change your shortfall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.