Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
My experience:

Applied SWU for

PVG-SFO 858 cleared NC

SFO-BOS 862 NF1 NC0 and waitlisted for NC so I called 1K line and the agent cleared NF immediately
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA, AE
Different NC and NF values on a 2 Cabin Aircraft

Ran into this today. Didn't realize that this could happen.

Flight 838 from SFO to DFW. This is a 2-class narrow body. Upgrade availability shows NF1 and NC4. I am in coach. I am traveling with another person on my itin. I thought that the two upgrades would clear. Apparently, not. The system ignores NC and looks to NF. NC is a hang over from the connecting flight from Japan of the same flight number.

Just an FYI.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by rawilliam
Flight 838 from SFO to DFW. This is a 2-class narrow body. Upgrade availability shows NF1 and NC4. I am in coach. I am traveling with another person on my itin. I thought that the two upgrades would clear.
Well known feature. Simple really because the aircraft doesn't contain C cabin. You are completely right about "why" there is NC space.

Dave
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by rawilliam
Ran into this today. Didn't realize that this could happen.

Flight 838 from SFO to DFW. This is a 2-class narrow body. Upgrade availability shows NF1 and NC4. I am in coach. I am traveling with another person on my itin. I thought that the two upgrades would clear. Apparently, not. The system ignores NC and looks to NF. NC is a hang over from the connecting flight from Japan of the same flight number.

Just an FYI.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...x-flights.html
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:45 pm

Smile NC and NF- little fact

Whenever you see a flight number in the 800-900 range, these flights are either going to or coming from 'over the water' on an Intl leg. The over the water flight will have three cabins, whereas the domestic leg is only two cabin. More often than not, there is an gauge change ( meaning 3 cabin to 2 cabin equip change) or the reverse depending where the Intl leg is.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by rcs-HI
Whenever you see a flight number in the 800-900 range, these flights are either going to or coming from 'over the water' on an Intl leg. The over the water flight will have three cabins, whereas the domestic leg is only two cabin. More often than not, there is an gauge change ( meaning 3 cabin to 2 cabin equip change) or the reverse depending where the Intl leg is.
Welcome to FT! Are you a UA employee? Whether yes or no, always good to have informed voices!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
752 showing NF and NC?

Flight 933 (IAD-DEN) next Monday is showing NC and NF availability...

Should I expect a aircraft swap? No way it'd be a p.s. bird, maybe a 763i?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 16, 2010 at 10:23 am Reason: merged with existing thread
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by nevansm
Flight 933 (IAD-DEN) next Monday is showing NC and NF availability...Should I expect a aircraft swap? No way it'd be a p.s. bird, maybe a 763i?
Nope. This is a domestic 752, which is a continuation flight from overseas, so NC space is continuation from the international portion of the flight number.
Sorry to burst your bubble!!

Dave
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
NC in these cases most often exists for passengers booked on the through flight continuation of the international leg.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
I would not expect a swap... I've seen that before on a few of my flights and nothing was out of the ordinary. I believe this topic was recently discussed and I recall it had something to do either with pricing strategies for F or just a .bomb glitch.

Fingers crossed that you get a swap and a more comforatble seat, but don't expect it!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:10 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
To be clear, NC and XC space exists because the flight number is a continuation of an international, three-cabin flight. The aircraft itself generally does not perform the international leg. (And in this case, the 2-class 757 certainly does not perform the 3-class international leg.)
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: UA GS
International connection from 3 class (FRA-IAD).
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:22 pm

SFO-BOS on a PS 757

Seatcounter is showing F C and Y fares available for UA862 on 07/26/2010. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen wing-let 757s at BOS. I am on the following flight UA824 at 1:47PM. Anyone think it's a fluke? FWIW .bomb shows the regular 757 seatmap for UA 862...

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 17, 2010 at 2:09 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
It's not a PS plane. The flight #862 is an international flight number so they have fare buckets for 3 classes but it's only a 2 class plane. Check out the seat map and you can confirm it yourself. It works like this for all int'l flight #s.

Also, there are 2 class 757's with winglets, and at least 1 PS 757 without winglets.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
It's not a PS plane. The flight #862 is an international flight number so they have fare buckets for 3 classes but it's only a 2 class plane. Check out the seat map and you can confirm it yourself. It works like this for all int'l flight #s.

Also, there are 2 class 757's with winglets, and at least 1 PS 757 without winglets.
Thanks; I saw the seatmap which is why I was confused. I also didn't know UA had non-PS 757 with winglets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.