Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-reconfigured (Old) 747 N194UA in service (until 6 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Does anyone have the old-config Seat Guru map (or similar) that they could post somewhere? Would be very helpful. ^

I made some notes in my 2006 Aircraft Seating Guide (sigh...) but the scribbles are somewhat hard to recall now.

Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...iguration.html
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Just watched N194UA push back from the international terminal (G94) at SFO. I couldn't figure out where it's headed from the departure boards.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Since I'm not flying this week, I'm bored, so I went and searched this..

It flew as UA 9930 SFO to LAX, its about to land.. So what flight at LAX went MX?

It was to leave SFO at 850am but pushed back at 0919am

Hoped this helped..

(Ok I might have jumped the gun too quick, it could have gone out as 9932)

Originally Posted by Antipode
Just watched N194UA push back from the international terminal (G94) at SFO. I couldn't figure out where it's headed from the departure boards.

Last edited by FlightNurse; Jun 15, 2010 at 11:28 am
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Antipode
Well... did it get new paint too? Or is it still in the grey livery?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I was on UA54 this morning thankfully became the new config. At midnight the night before the seat map was showing the old config, so late change.

Seat assignment and upgrade clearance was definitely wacky. When I booked the ticket 7 days before, the seat map was giving an error saying it had to be assigned at the airport. This was not the all seats full error, but something that looked like a more internal error. I presumed at that time they were transitioning from the new config to the old config. Shortly after by upgrade went to "upgrade denied" (What does upgrade denied mean?). Availability was C9 D9 NC0 Y0. I called 1k line, but they just said I was on the waitlist and nothing was wrong or weird. They had no clue as to how I would see Upgrade denied or what it meant. The seatmap also opened up at this time, and I was able to snag an economy seat. At this time it was new config. About 22 hours prior to departure I checked in, upgrade was still saying denied and new config was still in effect.

6 hours prior I get an upgrade cleared alert, however I cannot get a seat. OLCI reports an error in my itinerary and it has to handled by a United representative. I call 1k line and they say everything is under airport control and they can't assign seats or help me check in. They say nothing is wrong with my reservation or checkin. The seat map now shows old config - and row 15 upstairs is open. OLCI is still giving me the error up until a couple hours before when I leave for the airport. At the airport, the kiosk check-in reports "Please see a United representative" - the representative tells me I need to go to the 1k line (which has 20 people in line doing baggage dropoffs) and I am at a premier/premier exec station and walks off (are you kidding me? ). I punt trying to solve this pre-security and go to the RCC where they give me 7J and say all seats are already assigned. On the plane, lo and behold it's new config.

Not sure if there's anything I could have done better, and I did end up with the upgrade after all, but be prepared for messed up IT systems when dealing with this flight.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Since I'm not flying this week, I'm bored, so I went and searched this..

It flew as UA 9930 SFO to LAX, its about to land.. So what flight at LAX went MX?

It was to leave SFO at 850am but pushed back at 0919am

Hoped this helped..

(Ok I might have jumped the gun too quick, it could have gone out as 9932)
Not sure why you think it went to LAX, it didn't. It is in SFO having some last minute items completed in readiness for its revenue flight in the morning (June 16) as UA54 SFO-ORD.

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Well... did it get new paint too? Or is it still in the grey livery?
Old livery.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 16, 2010 at 7:43 am Reason: multi-quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Not sure why you think it went to LAX, it didn't. It is in SFO having some last minute items completed in readiness for its revenue flight in the morning (June 16) as UA54 SFO-ORD.
has it flown a revenue flight since being reinstated?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA *G
Was at ORD this afternoon; saw it after it arrived as 54 from SFO at C10 (973 usually used C18 from my memory, so that was an interesting change.). Looked like it was going to operate 973 outbound.
The colors on the a/c have definitely seen better days, but it's awesome to see the old colors gracing one last 747. I'm going to be taking this flight in a couple of weeks just to get a blast from the past.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by JBLUA320
Was at ORD this afternoon; saw it after it arrived as 54 from SFO at C10 (973 usually used C18 from my memory, so that was an interesting change.). Looked like it was going to operate 973 outbound.
The colors on the a/c have definitely seen better days, but it's awesome to see the old colors gracing one last 747. I'm going to be taking this flight in a couple of weeks just to get a blast from the past.
Saw a 747 in old paint by the SFO water tanks tonight. Would that be the one?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I was at ORD on 6/16 on my way to PEK. Sitting on the plane at the gate C20, I looked out my window and noitced an old livery 747 tail at C16 (hidden by the new 747 at C18 on its way to HKG). Didn't realize that this was N194's first flight back in revenue service but it was cool to see an old liveried 747 tail (so distinct and large) back at ORD.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 1:01 am

Programs: UA *G
GoAmtrak, that's the one!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JBLUA320
Actually, I'd prefer it be painted in new livery. And more importantly, converted and put into real revenue service.

But old config/paint doing hub-hub domestic runs beats the desert I suppose.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Originally Posted by higher_flyer
Does anyone have the old-config Seat Guru map (or similar) that they could post somewhere? Would be very helpful. ^

I made some notes in my 2006 Aircraft Seating Guide (sigh...) but the scribbles are somewhat hard to recall now.

Thanks.
Here you go
http://web.archive.org/web/200702120...ng_747-400.php
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA1K
i'm on UA973 on wed and my upgrade still hasn't cleared

here's hoping i get something positive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.