Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Bonus Status Miles with Purchase of RT Tix

Old Aug 29, 03, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: WWMFD

Just got this in an e-mail from UA:

Now, United® will match in miles what you pay for your roundtrip ticket on United or United Express® — one bonus mile that also counts toward elite status for every dollar you spend on a roundtrip ticket in any booking class. Just register at united.com/offer/mpd413, then purchase your roundtrip ticket and fly by November 30th. Every ticket you purchase will get you closer to award travel and the next level of elite status.

Pretty good deal. It figures this starts two days after I've booked my Sept. flights, but what the heck...

Forgot to add that it's for MP Visa purchases.

[This message has been edited by kcvt750 (edited 08-29-2003).]
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:02 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
I read the terms and I do not believe the added points count towards your status. Please review and advise. Thanks
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Heading on mailer states:

Earn one bonus mile, that also counts towards Elite Status,for every dollar you spend on a round-trip ticket.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 1. Offer valid for travel between September 1, 2003 and November 30, 2003. 2. Not combinable with other offers. 3. Offer may be earned an unlimited number of times. 4. Offer valid on qualifying, paid published fares in any class of service. Offer not valid on government fares. 5. Valid only on flights operated by United and United Express and not applicable on United marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. 6. Offer valid for recipients of this mailing only. 7. Travel must be completed by Mileage Plus members who purchased a qualifying roundtrip ticket. 8. Valid only for residents of U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. 9. Registration is required to qualify for this offer. 10. E-Ticket purchase required. 11. Roundtrip travel required. A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United or United Express. Open jaw itineraries do not qualify. 12. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite and class-of-service bonus. 13. Bonus miles do count toward elite status. 14. Only dollars paid for actual air travel are eligible for this promotion. Identifiable Taxes, Security Fees and other travel fees are not eligible. 15. Exchange tickets are excluded. 16. Miles will be deposited 4-6 weeks after offer period ends/qualifying travel. 17. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. (MPD 413)

* Elite Qualifying Miles only. Cannot be redeemed for award travel.

[This message has been edited by kcvt750 (edited 08-29-2003).]
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:13 am

I got offer code mpd403, my bonus miles DO NOT count to Elite status. What the heck??? I am Premier only...
silver
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Seems curious there are at least 2 different targeted promos for such an offer.

Two different codes and headings so that seems to be the case?
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:18 am

yes it is targeted and there are at least two promo codes MPD403 AND MPD413. I am always the loser...
silver
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:24 am

I got the no-elite bonus miles offer, and I just purchased a ticket last night.

[This message has been edited by Tartan (edited 08-29-2003).]
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
kcvt750,

Did you do the Great Offer?
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:27 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 08-29-2003).]
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:29 am

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
I am 1P ("gold") and I got the 403 offer - miles do not count toward status. I have now registered for both offers, so we'll see how that pans out.

Theoretically, if I get mileage from each offer, plus double miles on my United Visa Gold Class, that's 4x whatever I pay for my ticket!
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Interesting...

I got the one where I get elite status miles. But I am already 1K for next year, so it does me little good!

Still, a nice promo.
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:39 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">originally posted by UAL_Rulez:
"Did you do the Great Offer?"</font>
Yes. Got punted up to 1P about two weeks before I made it the old-fashioned way.

Old Aug 29, 03, 8:40 am

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
The promotion without the status miles is united.com/offer/mpd403. It offers Bonus miles for your ticket price.

The promotion with with status miles is united.com/offer/mpd413. It forwards to a page that offers Bonus and elite status miles for your ticket price.

There is another promotion at united.com/offer/mpd423. It forwards to a page that offers Elite Qualifying Bonus Miles. Anyone know if this might be related?
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:43 am

Hmmmm, it's possible to register for all three... now to see whether they all stick...
Old Aug 29, 03, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kcvt750:

Forgot to add that it's for MP Visa purchases.

</font>
From reading both threads not sure if this apparent requirement is clear to all?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: