Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Redeemed LX C Seat on F Award. Options to change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P

Hello,

I'm currently scheduled to fly my last LX segment in C even though it's an F award. My chances of an upgrade in advance are fairly low as expertflyer is only reporting F2 O0 right now.

I have expertflyer scanning for an O seat, but I'm curious if their is anway to get UA to fix the seat once travel begins or to convice LX that they should honor my F award should a seat become available?

The agent gave me a "Technically No" response, but I never take no for a final answer the first time around.

Thoughts ?

TIA
Mudba
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:29 am

Nope, no way unless you switch to UA flights. LX has no idea what "award" level you are on. You are booked and confirmed in C.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Once you begin travel on a *A award no changes are permitted to any partner airline flights..even if award F space opened up you would not be able to snag it. If you really want to fly F you could change the rest of your itinerary to all UA if there is XF space available.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 7:11 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denverhockeyguy
Nope, no way unless you switch to UA flights. LX has no idea what "award" level you are on. You are booked and confirmed in C.
They know darn well which award level you are on based on the fare calculation on the e-ticket which they can view. The issue is they don't care and might not be able to change it even if they wanted to.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
Originally Posted by Ari
They know darn well which award level you are on based on the fare calculation on the e-ticket which they can view. The issue is they don't care and might not be able to change it even if they wanted to.
So building on this, can anyone cite experience trying to get a *A carrier to change the class mid-trip (most likely at the gate)? Anyone asked and been denied/successful?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by denverhockeyguy
I'm on a F award but with only C seats available on the return long haul

Originally Posted by FBKSan
So building on this, can anyone cite experience trying to get a carrier to change the class mid-trip (most likely at the gate)? Anyone asked and been denied/successful?
Ethics aside, I would think you could argue over the phone that you were on an F award and that the agent screwed up the return flight only giving you a C seat
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by FBKSan
So building on this, can anyone cite experience trying to get a *A carrier to change the class mid-trip (most likely at the gate)? Anyone asked and been denied/successful?
*A don't give a damn about your award booking, as the miles you are using doesn not even belong to them, it is UA miles. So unless UA say yes (that means no starnet blocking, and the agent is able to see it), first you have to reticket with UA, second, pay the applicable change fees base on status.

It is all depends if UA see the avaibility than any *A carrier seats open up.

Like for me, OZ open up F seat at checkin, but all they are saying is they can't say yes until UA say yes. In the end, UA say they can't see any O class inventory on my flight with OZ.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 7, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.