Wiki Posts
Search

e-cert ticket by and travel by dates

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2010, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL
e-cert ticket by and travel by dates

I just realized that the e-certs UA is handing out come with "ticket by" and "travel by" dates that are identical which makes them much less valuable than paper certs (which is what I usually deal with). I tried a dummy booking with an e-cert that is soon to expire for a travel date way past the expiration date and united.com didn't give me an error.

my question is has anybody ticketed a PNR with an e-cert and traveled after the expiration date of the e-cert. where you asked to pay up for the amount of the e-cert used? did things go off without a hitch? thanks.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I did it several times and had no problem. Once it is ticketed, it is done.
Originally Posted by germansoks
I just realized that the e-certs UA is handing out come with "ticket by" and "travel by" dates that are identical which makes them much less valuable than paper certs (which is what I usually deal with). I tried a dummy booking with an e-cert that is soon to expire for a travel date way past the expiration date and united.com didn't give me an error.

my question is has anybody ticketed a PNR with an e-cert and traveled after the expiration date of the e-cert. where you asked to pay up for the amount of the e-cert used? did things go off without a hitch? thanks.
Old May 19, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Corylopsis
I did it several times and had no problem. Once it is ticketed, it is done.
Good to know.. I may just try this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.