FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Don't ORD RCC's deserve a makeover? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/108248-dont-ord-rccs-deserve-makeover.html)

unitedbusiness Sep 1, 2003 7:02 pm

Don't ORD RCC's deserve a makeover?

Is it just me, or doesnt it seem the ORD Rcc's are a little "downscale" compared to other locations (such as the new SFO RCC or even LAX, BOS), as well as other international carriers lounges. I'm sorry, but the (very unappealing) shade of grey walls in the C concourse RCC resembles an office cubicle divider.
You'd think United would invest in a beautiful RCC, being Chicago's Hometown Airline and all...

UALOneKPlus Sep 1, 2003 7:23 pm

I agree, especially with all the storms that could delay flights at ORD...

ScottC Sep 1, 2003 7:40 pm

Most RCC's I've been to deserve a makeover.

Craig6z Sep 1, 2003 7:47 pm

I'll take the "C" RCC as is, versus having to sit in the rat-hole near B18.

RobotDoctor Sep 1, 2003 7:54 pm

I thought the RCCs at ORD (B and C) just had a makeover last year.

unitedbusiness Sep 1, 2003 8:08 pm

if they had a makeover last year, what did they do because i can't notice anything different.

ME1st Sep 1, 2003 8:09 pm

I don't recall 'B' RCC - But 'C' was definitely closed in Dec 2002 reopened 12/17.

MGL Sep 1, 2003 8:37 pm

There are actually three: one near B7, one near B18 and one between C16 and C18. Whichever one you choose, they are consistently shabby, outdated, and in dire need of a makeover. The snacks are pretty awful, too.

Shareholder Sep 1, 2003 8:41 pm

UA operates some of the dowdiest lounges of any airline, but it is a consistent theme across the system. I wouldn't hold your breath about any revamping until UA is out of Chapter 11 and showing a year or more of black ink. This is a very low priority. Better to put money and efforts into putting Y+ onto those Pacific 777s...

Shareholder Sep 1, 2003 8:46 pm

Dupe post deleted....

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 09-02-2003).]

RobotDoctor Sep 1, 2003 8:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MGL:
There are actually three: one near B7, one near B18 and one between C16 and C18. Whichever one you choose, they are consistently shabby, outdated, and in dire need of a makeover. The snacks are pretty awful, too.</font>
Dont forget the small RCC located in the F concourse.

ozstamps Sep 1, 2003 8:48 pm

Of course RCC are crap. ANYONE who has flown other top notch international airlines has known that for decades. The award for the most ESPECIALLY pathetic RCC is a dead heat between LAX and ORD - IMO. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

No working computers, no free booze, no hot food. Par for the course with UA.

A group of FT'ers had a party in the DOMESTIC Qantas Club here recently. Unlimited booze from 2 huge bars, tons of food, working computers, working showers.

So DOMESTIC USA travel does not need to be crap like UA serves it up. Northwest World Club serves free booze, CO President's Club serves free booze, and I notice it has not pushed them (this year!) into Chapter 11.

"United Airlines Domestic Red/Gray ® Carpet Clubs (Miami excluded!) - - proudly designed by Siberian minimalist style gurus, "Vladimirs Of Volgograd" and operated by Aeroflot, to the very highest Russian specifications in comfort, super-stylish design, and leading edge luxury facilities like floor coverings, running water and optional flourescent lighting. Please bring your own booze, boorscht, all other foodstuffs, newspapers, computer, fax machine and your AT&T calling card. And don't even THINK about having a shower, comrade." © 2003

Peter M Sep 1, 2003 9:01 pm

I doubt a makeover will be possible due to lack of funds. I heard that CNN donated the large plasma TV's to the RCC lounges, and this is why they don't (shouldn't) change channels. If we can persuade companies to donate more than the "fresh strips" then we could all benefit. I'd like coca cola to donate a few million cans for good PR! (Yes I know UA probably gets Pepsi for next to nothing.)

auggie doggie Sep 1, 2003 9:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Peter M:
I doubt a makeover will be possible due to lack of funds. </font>
Maybe we could have the people from Trading Spaces come in and re-do a RCC on a $1000 budget.

Even if they re-do them, it wouldn't matter to me since I let my membership lapse. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

nomod Sep 2, 2003 7:39 am

All 4 (note 3) of the RCCs in ORD need a little attention - most notably the t-mobile internet access that is available in Denver, San Fran, and other major cities. It's in the Admiral's Club - why not the RCC?