Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Glenn Tilton "Bloggers (flyertalkers) have too much time on their hands"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glenn Tilton "Bloggers (flyertalkers) have too much time on their hands"

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA-1K/GS, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
What a putz. We are just better at multi-tasking than he is. Right now, I'm on a conference call, putting together a ppt and typing this. What's he doing?
Counting his millions.
Old May 5, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
A man of Tilton's composition could care less about his company most loyal flyers. No surprise given the amount of flak he's deservedly earned. Thankfully, Tilton will go soon and the company will far outlive him as its other employees deserve.
Old May 5, 2010, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Based on the transcript, Smisek had the better response. He either cares more or has had media training

Cheers.
Old May 6, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Tilton = and this says a lot about how the new UAL might deal with FT in the future.... As for Richard Quest, isn't he on smack and/or has a heroin arrest in Central Park recently?
Old May 6, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Tilton = and this says a lot about how the new UAL might deal with FT in the future.... As for Richard Quest, isn't he on smack and/or has a heroin arrest in Central Park recently?
There was a little more to Quest's arrest in 2008 in NYC.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regiona...72AF1FF06C3BF7
Old May 6, 2010, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Meh, just another star CEO looking down at all the little people.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
You don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by John26
...Not to suggest that there aren't high revenue FlyerTalkers or UGS members on this board. But then, how many posts do we see complaining about not being able to upgrade to sit in Business Class across the Pacific because you can't use a SWU on the lowest Economy fares from 1Ks who flew 50,000 EQMs on S, L, and T fares as mileage runs during the DEQM promotion last year?...

But I don't complain about the SWU's...
Old May 6, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
There was a little more to Quest's arrest in 2008 in NYC.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regiona...72AF1FF06C3BF7
Oh, doctor!
Old May 6, 2010, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
This blogger doesn't have nearly enough time on his hands.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That this thread has 115+ posts only shows that Tilton was correct. Anyone who has been able to post and blow a harmless comment out of proportion certainly has a lot of excess time on his / her hands.

I noticed this thread a couple of days ago, but only now have had a moment to respond. I do not know how some of you have the time to post as much as you do. If you are really that agitated by Tilton's comments, perhaps it only shows that his comments hit a little too close to home.

OK, now back to actual work and life.
Old May 7, 2010, 1:08 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Its very possible that GT has been shown some passionate, or thought provoking posts from FT. But more likely, his impression of FT is based on the multitude of posts about full cans of soda, or warm nuts. You can decide for yourself if thats someone who has too much time on their hands...

The UA employees I know that have discussed their knowledge of FT with me have one opinion: that the real important people have their own planes.
Old May 7, 2010, 1:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Bear96
I noticed this thread a couple of days ago, but only now have had a moment to respond. I do not know how some of you have the time to post as much as you do.
I have the time because I don't have many commitments (like a 9-5 job). There must be quite a few others in this situation. But I do have dollars to spend, which are quite discretionary. So Mr Tilton better not diss me too much (oh, sorry, it's too late).

So there you have it.
Old May 7, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I am so looking forward to the day that Tilton has too much time on his hands. Retirement can't come fast enough for self-serving morons like him.
+1 .

The faster Glen goes, the better
Old May 7, 2010, 8:23 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I am so looking forward to the day that Tilton has too much time on his hands. Retirement can't come fast enough for self-serving morons like him.
and a big +1 from me. so do i change my "glenn must go bracelet to "glenn is going" and then when the merger is finalized and approved, change it "glenn is gone"

Originally Posted by fzwinter
Originally Posted by koroleon
So Richard Quest referred specifically to flyertalkers? I don't really watch his show, but I'm surprised. A lot of his audience wouldn't get the reference and in any case I wouldn't expect mainstream media to give credit to online authorities. Plus the whole idea of him reading FT makes me smile
He's a registered user and poster - rquesty
yup and i wonder if "uncle glenn" knew who he was talking to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.