Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uapremier
United cargo is showing 975 as going out with the new config
April 23
April 24
April 25

but on Monday the 26th it returns to the old config. Not sure if they haven't figured out what they're doing with this plane yet, if it goes elsewhere, or if cargo hasn't updated things yet....
Great find, uapremier!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
914 sfo-iad 23-25
975 iad-sfo 23-25
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:14 pm

im so excited for this someone plz post pics.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Man, now I wished I routed my MR for SFO-IAD instead of LAX-IAD...

Eh, there was no guarantee of me getting that flight anyways but it seemed so close...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, AA EXP
I just noticed that SFO-IAD flight 914 this Friday FINALLY does have the new seat maps showing on United.com.

Interesting to note that Y is in fact 3x3x3 seating, as we have been told for some time now.

Tim
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TimInSF
I just noticed that SFO-IAD flight 914 this Friday FINALLY does have the new seat maps showing on United.com.

Interesting to note that Y is in fact 3x3x3 seating, as we have been told for some time now.

Tim
Great find.

Here's what I can see from the chart.

F is 8 seats. The seating chart isn't very useful, as it just shows 2 rows of four seats each. We heard at the tasting last night that the F cabin will have a "buffet" area where they'll lay out food once the primary service is completed.

C is 40 seats, rows 6-10 in a 2 4 2 configuration. This is a single cabin from what I'm seeing on the seating chart. The backward forward layout is a bit odd since it isn't regular. I'm seeing:

6 FF BBBB FF
7 BB FFFF BB
8 BB FFFF BB
9 FF BBBB FF
10 BB FFFF BB

The fact that 7 and 8 have the same orientation seems odd to me.

Y is indeed 3x3x3 with the following layout:

Row 19 only has DEF
Rows 20-30 are standard 3x3x3
Row 31 has AB and JK only
There is no row 32
Row 33 has ABC and HJK only
Rows 34-43 are standard 3x3x3
Rows 44 and 45 don't have a seat C
Row 46 has DEF only.

Rows 19-31 are E+.

I can't tell from the seating chart how this all lines up with galleys, exits, lavs, etc.

Last edited by milepig; Apr 22, 2010 at 9:14 am
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by milepig
Great find.

Here's what I can see from the chart.

F is 8 seats. The seating chart isn't very useful, as it just shows 2 rows of four seats each. We heard at the tasting last night that the F cabin will have a "buffet" area where they'll lay out food once the primary service is completed.

C is 40 seats, rows 6-10 in a 2 4 2 configuration. This is a single cabin from what I'm seeing on the seating chart. The backward forward layout is a bit odd since it isn't regular. I'm seeing:

6 FF BBBB FF
7 BB FFFF BB
8 BB FFFF BB
9 FF BBBB FF
10 BB FFFF BB

Row 19 only has DEF
Rows 20-30 are standard 3x3x3
Row 31 has AB and JK only
There is no row 32
Rows 34-43 are standard 3x3x3
Rows 44 and 45 don't have a seat C
Row 46 has DEF only.

I can't tell from the seating chart how this all lines up with galleys, exits, lavs, etc.
I agree, the C layout is a bit strange!

With the seating in Y now 3+3+3, how do the aisles line up? Does the aisle in C go one way, and then zag a different way to line up with Y? It will be interesting to see some photos! I also hope that UA updates the suitedreams website!

ETA: Here are some screen shots of the seatmaps from the SFO-IAD flight tomorrow morning..

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Apr 22, 2010 at 9:21 am
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum

And in fact Row 33 is the new Row 30 (exit row).

Looking at the seatmap it looks like seats have been preserved... if you were in a J you've gone from a window to a middle, and if you were in an F seat you're SOL (or 17/18 on the old plane, for that matter)... also looks like UA evicted anyone who was in Row 33 pre-swap.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:24 am

Wow, they must have just cleared a bunch of upgrades; C filled up as I was poking around and Y wasn't even available to book and now it is.

Must be a lot of Fters applying CR1s (or UDU kicking in)

Change since FriendlySkies original screenshot:

Last edited by TechnoPagan; Apr 22, 2010 at 9:30 am Reason: Add screenshot
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
Wow, they must have just cleared a bunch of upgrades; C filled up as I was poking around and Y wasn't even available to book and now it is.

Must be a lot of Fters applying CR1s (or UDU kicking in)
I noticed this as well. The first time I pulled up the map there were only a couple seats available in the first few rows of Y, a few minutes later there were several open. I'm guessing UDU indeed kicked in - or maybe FTers suddenly bought a lot of tickets??
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:45 am

Might this be because of the separation at door 2 between the mini-cabin and rest of business which the seatmap doesn't show accurately? Just speculating.. I don't know if there is still a mini-cabin of business class in this new configuration.

On 975 today to SFO.. Just missed it by a day.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I agree, the C layout is a bit strange!

With the seating in Y now 3+3+3, how do the aisles line up? Does the aisle in C go one way, and then zag a different way to line up with Y? It will be interesting to see some photos! I also hope that UA updates the suitedreams website!
There was some discussion in the status thread about this, not sure if it was ever answered definitively.

Link to first post discussing the "transition":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post11754468
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
God that looks crowded...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
The E+ section looks huge - I didn't think there would be 106 seats (rows 19-32), which is nearly identical to the capacity in E-. In fact I think that graphic is a mistake.

edit: rows 27-29 look a bit squishier however. can that be true? some e+ seating in front and behind of those rows?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The E+ section looks huge - I didn't think there would be 106 seats (rows 19-32), which is nearly identical to the capacity in E-. In fact I think that graphic is a mistake.

edit: rows 27-29 look a bit squishier however. can that be true? some e+ seating in front and behind of those rows?
I think that is an artifact of no one "sitting" in those rows - it seems the graphic of the person "stretches" the seat a bit.

If my math is correct (and it may not be ) there is 30/32 more Y seats than the current 3 class aircraft so maybe they felt more E+ was warranted for the reduction in C seats?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.