Community
Wiki Posts
Search

arrivals by UA @ LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2003, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

arrivals by UA @ LHR

All - are the Arrivals by UA facilities airside or landside at LHR i.e. do I head through customs then double-back? Any guidance is appreciated, as I'll be arriving off ORDLHR later this week.

(search efforts yielded conflicting results, so I figured I'd start a new thread)
Old Aug 4, 2003, 1:18 pm

Landside (i.e., proceed through customs, although you don't really have to double back.) IIRC, all Arrivals facilities are outside of customs, which makes sense because some passengers would want to access their checked bags for a change of clothes. You're not even allowed into the LHR RCC upon arrival (which is airside -- you walk right past it on the way in) until you do a strange run through the gauntlet, make a U-turn, and re-clear security. This is legitimately an HMCustoms rule.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LHR Arrivals facility is up on the second floor mezzanine level after you exit baggage claim. It can be a bit hard to find and get to your first time, but it's up there.

It's very nice, IMHO.

Here's a QuicktimeVR 360 (with active hot-spots to move from room to room) of it:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/u...rrivalslhr.mov
Old Aug 4, 2003, 3:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jamiebaker:
All - are the Arrivals by UA facilities airside or landside at LHR i.e. do I head through customs then double-back? Any guidance is appreciated, as I'll be arriving off ORDLHR later this week.
</font>
exit customs and bear sharply to the right-- so sharply you will have completed a 180... there is an elevator on your right. take it up one level. the AA lounge is directly across the hall, and the UA lounge just steps away down the corridor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.