Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Double your miles on United - MPD330 - Targeted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double your miles on United - MPD330 - Targeted

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Double your miles on United - MPD330

I just received this email..

Fly more, earn more miles

Dear Mr. FriendlySkies,

Thinking about a vacation or spring getaway? Whether you're traveling in the U.S. or abroad, United® has a global network with the most flights from Colorado. And Mileage Plus® members can earn up to double redeemable miles on every three roundtrips – worldwide – from April 12, 2010 through June 18, 2010.

United leads the competition

With the most non-stop flights to destinations in the U.S. and around the world, United gives you more choices to fly at your convenience – and more ways to use your miles for award tickets. You can fly in more comfort too with our premium seats in Economy Plus®, business and first class. Elite members also enjoy many opportunities to upgrade including complimentary Unlimited Domestic Upgrades.

More trips add up to more miles

You'll earn base miles plus bonus miles for every flight – 25%, 50% or 100% more depending on how often you fly. Your miles are good for award travel, upgrades, hotel stays, car rentals and much more.

How many miles can you earn? For example, if you earn 5,000 miles on your next trip, here's how many more miles you'll earn with this special promotion:

Trips + Bonus = Total miles earned
1 roundtrip----base miles + 25% 5,000 miles + 1,250 bonus miles = 6,250 miles
2 roundtrips---base miles + 50% 10,000 miles + 5,000 bonus miles = 15,000 miles
3 roundtrips---base miles + 100% 15,000 miles + 15,000 bonus miles = 30,000 miles

Then the earning begins all over again for each additional set of three qualifying roundtrips you take.

Register, book your flight and travel between April 12, 2010 and June 18, 2010.
There's no limit to the amount of trips you can take. You can even combine domestic and international flights.

Register for this bonus with your Mileage Plus number

When you book your flight, enter promotion code MPD330 in the box labeled "Electronic certificates or promotion code". Flights eligible for this offer will display as "Promotion eligible".

Book your trip now.

Your Mileage Plus Team

You may be eligible to upgrade your card.

My mileage summary | united.com | Partner offers

Unsubscribe | Change your email address | Update your email preferences | Privacy policy

Terms and conditions:
Offer is valid on qualifying paid, published fares in United First® (F, A), United Business® (C, D, J, Z) or United Economy® (Y, B, M, E, U, H or Q) booking classes only.
Offer valid only for original recipients of email invitation to this offer.
To qualify for this offer, members must register, purchase and complete one or more paid, qualifying roundtrips on United® within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. For offer MPD330, a roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city in the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on flights operated by United or United Express®; a segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
Ticketing Period: April 12, 2010 - June 18, 2010
Travel Period: April 12, 2010 - June 18, 2010
Registration Requirement: Registration is required by June 18, 2010, in order to qualify for the offer. To register for the offer go to www.united.com/offer/mpd330.
Offer details: 25% more of base miles for completing one (1) roundtrip, 50% more of base miles for completing two (2) roundtrips OR 100% more of base miles for completing three (3) roundtrips.
Bonus miles will post six to eight weeks after the offer period ends.
Maximum bonus awarded is double the miles for three round trips. Maximum bonus for each offer can be awarded unlimited number of times.
For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United reservation are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
Not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
E-Ticket® purchase is required.
Offer valid on paid, published fares.
Not valid on government fares.
Valid on United and United Express, and not on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. Bonus miles apply to base flight miles only and do not count towards elite status. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite or class-of-service bonuses.
Must be a Mileage Plus member to participate in this offer.
Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply (MPD330).

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Apr 15, 2010 at 7:54 pm
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Double Miles Promo

www.united.com/offer/mpd330

Targeted, Colorado is mentioned in the email, but I don't see it in the terms. Q fare or higher, RT only.

1st r/t 25%
2nd 50%
3rd 100%
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Nice find. Wonder if it is only Colorado residents or another Denver special.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P
This was my targeted promotion rec'd yesterday....

Dear Mr Christofu,

Which award from Mileage Plus® would you like to earn? As a special thank you for your loyalty, we're giving you the opportunity to choose your award for flying United®.

From now until July 11, 2010, when you book and fly qualifying flights on United, you can select to earn bonus miles or one-time passes to the Red Carpet Club®. This promotion is good on all published roundtrip fares.

Register to earn your award
You can choose your award by registering online now. Then book and fly 2, 3 or more qualifying roundtrips on United. It's that easy.

When you fly:
Two Choices

2 qualifying roundtrips
either
7,500 bonus miles
OR
2 Red Carpet Club
one-time passes

3 qualifying roundtrips
15,000 bonus miles
OR
4 Red Carpet Club
one-time passes

Thanks for being a member of Mileage Plus, and we look forward to welcoming you on board your next flight.

Your Mileage Plus team

Codes are MPS350 and MPS360

Last edited by Christofu; Apr 13, 2010 at 5:48 pm Reason: adding codes of promotions
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I'm not complaining about the offer. It is the incentive I needed to get out and travel more.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz 5*
I got it, and live in Denver. Maybe it's targeted to those of us who used to purchase Q (refundable) and higher and no longer purchase those? I used to always purchase Q or higher, now I grab the lowest fares and just pay the change fee when and if I change it.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Pretty useless to me and most of us even if it is not targeted, as the lowest fare qualify is Q.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Also got it, and priced an upcoming DEN-DTW roundtrip. It wasn't a good deal. Lowest RT was $601 using the offer code. I got the exact same flights for $288 by skipping the code. Buyer beware. Might be a better value for international, or if you're booking last-minute.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
how many of you all participated in the deal of the decade promotion? I did.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: UAL Million Miler / 500k Delta now...
Originally Posted by JCDennis
Also got it, and priced an upcoming DEN-DTW roundtrip. It wasn't a good deal. Lowest RT was $601 using the offer code. I got the exact same flights for $288 by skipping the code. Buyer beware. Might be a better value for international, or if you're booking last-minute.
Ya I noticed that fine print too, and also I book 95% through a travel agent so this is worthless really... couldn't enter the offer code if I wanted to.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I got it too. Live in denver. Book mostly cheapo tickets two to four weeks in advance, so yeah, pretty useless for me too.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by ASEFlyer
I did as well...live in Denver and also received this offer. Sigh...Q...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ASEFlyer
ASE, I did too, but only did it for one flight, to get the freebie and the regional upgrades.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Yep, I live in the Denver area and also received the promotion. Just like the "deal of the decade" promo, I find this one to be not so great. I would not pay 2x to 3x the economy fare for a few extra miles. My workplace does not buy Q fare tickets, either, and I honestly can't blame them. Silly...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:34 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It just popped into My Promotions this morning. Not sure how that fits with the Terms that say you have to receive the mailing, unless that's just slow.

But check the My Promotions page, it may be there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.