Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meals on UA*

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
Meals on UA*

I was on a United Express flight operated by Skywest on the CRJ. The flight attendant and I were talking, and she, being SLC-based, mentioned that Delta Connection serves meals on the CR7 and CR9. She also mentioned that snacks and BOB were available on the Delta Connection side in coach. Does anybody know why United will only serve the EXPLUS snack boxes (am and pm version which are color-coded) in first class and nothing in coach?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JoeTravel
Does anybody know why United will only serve the EXPLUS snack boxes (am and pm version which are color-coded) in first class and nothing in coach?
The bean counters like it that way?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: 1K
I'd guess the lack of food is short-lived on some routes. If I remember correctly, some of the new contracts where the regionals take on some risk are with Skywest. If experience is any guide, they'll be looking for any incremental revenue they can get. I doubt UA lets them charge for bags, but I bet snackboxes get the thumbs up.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:53 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I've never been offered a snackbox in Explus F, but perhaps that's because I try to avoid RJs for any but the shortest flights.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:19 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-must-pay.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.