Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Free roundtrip companion certificate (exp 7/31/03)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Hi Guys,

I have a free foundtrip companion certificate from United that came with my premier status. Since I don't have any travel plans for the next few weeks, I'm giving this certificate away.

If anyone is making travel plans and can take advantage of this certificate, please contact me and I'll mail it to you (or you can pick up locally if you are in a hurry).

James
Old Jul 15, 2003, 2:19 pm

Better unload it quickly . . . isn't there a 14-day advance purchase on those things?
Old Jul 15, 2003, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StarGoldmember:
Better unload it quickly . . . isn't there a 14-day advance purchase on those things?</font>
Yup. And don't send it to the user...the person whose name appears on the certificate must sign a "bluey" with UA in order for the ticket to be issued.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Hmm. This certificate seems to be more difficult than the Northwest coupon I gave away last time.

Under the terms and conditions, it does require you to book 14 days prior to departure. But no where on the certificate does it require your departure before July 31st. If you are planning on traveling in the future, this might work. Just make sure you make your reservation first.

I'm reluctant to type out all the terms and conditions, and it'll probably go to the trash unless someone can put good use to it. Please feel free to contact the UA Agents to find out if you can use it or not. The proicessing instruction printed on the certificate are as follow -
UA Representative See : S*PMO/LC00
FASTECH-Profile Code : PMO Name:LC00
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:03 pm

If I recall correctly, the terms say: "refer to front of certificate for valid travel dates" and it should show that in the little box on the right.

If your certificate is July 31, 2003, I am pretty certain that is the travel complete date.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by *HighFlyah*:
If I recall correctly, the terms say: "refer to front of certificate for valid travel dates" and it should show that in the little box on the right.

If your certificate is July 31, 2003, I am pretty certain that is the travel complete date.

</font>
Correct, the exact wording is "Travel Complete:".
Old Jul 16, 2003, 8:06 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PP
At this point you'd have to depart on July 30 and return by/on July 31. Good for a quick trip to NYC for a show & dinner I guess!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.