Wiki Posts
Search

US treats PE real good

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2003, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - million Miler
US treats PE real good

Just flew from CDG to PHL on a US ticket. Got to the gate and they called my name.... Agent said that they had a problem and could I help. They were very full in Y and had some seats in C. So would I mind changing (laugh laugh. She said my UA PE status put me on top of her call list. Nice touch!

There are some operational problems with the partnership. I tried to use the US Air club but since they do not have one they would not give me privileges in the common club they do use. I tried a supervisor and did not get very far. I went to the Red Carpet club and they also refused me since I was on a US ticket. However, I was able to talk the Red Carpet folks into letting me in. This needs to be fixed.
Old Jul 13, 2003, 2:50 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Shouldn't you have gotten club access through *G on a *A lounge? (or does that require a *A ticket?)

Anyway, once you'd been upgraded to Envoy (US Int'l C) you should have been able to get lounge access with whomever they contract with for it in CDG (the only US Int'l lounge is LHR). I don't know where you get that pass, though. (I cockroached through CDG on a non-upgradable fare for double miles.)
Old Jul 13, 2003, 3:23 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StSebastian:
the only US Int'l lounge is LHR</font>
I think that you would mean LGW... since US does not fly into LHR (or at least doesn't have authorization to)... being picky... I know

Happy Travels!
Kai

------------------
SkyWest Airlines - your friendly regional carrier and your #1 on-time airline for 1st Quarter 2003!

My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer, SkyWest Airlines, or those of our major partners, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines & Continental Airlines respectively.
Old Jul 13, 2003, 3:40 pm

Yes, I agree once you were upgraded to Envoy you should have been able to access the Salon Icare lounge at CDG.

Unfortunately, even with *Gold status you didn't have a *A boarding pass, as USAir is not (yet) part of the *A. So, no Star lounge access. Hopefully this will change soon and make things much simpler.

SGM
Old Jul 13, 2003, 7:50 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
You get an op upgrade on an international flight and still find something to complain about?
Old Jul 13, 2003, 7:57 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ldsant:
You get an op upgrade on an international flight and still find something to complain about? </font>
In iflyalot's defense, the op-upgrade and lounge issues are separate issues. And, he/she does express gratitude for the upgrade and takes a moment to identify some operational US/UA partnership issues to be resolved.

As a UA 1P on a US Airways ticket (as iflyalot was), he/she would have access to US Airways' clubs-- and in CDG there isn't a specific US club, so it's a bit more difficult. If iflyalot were an RCC member, admittance there should be granted regardless of carrier flown If not a member, *A Gold access to the RCC when not flying a *A partner would be a bit dicier.

And, we should remember that the operational upgrade was given at the gate, and the lounge-searching process was likely before his/her arriving at the gate and being upgraded (and therefore wouldn' have had a business-class boarding pass to show the US contract lounge's attendant).
Old Jul 14, 2003, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP | UA Million Miler Gold (former decade-long 1K) | SPG Plat | Hyatt Plat | Avis Chairman
Hardly an op-upgrade, but I had a nice experience as a UA Premier on US recently. After booking my US tickets on-line with only middle seats available, I called US Res a few days later to ask if anything else had opened. "Why, Mr. UAfan", the CSR replied, "you're a Premier aren't you? That entitles you to the same seating as our elite fliers. Would exit row be OK," she asked.

"Yes, that would be very nice. Thank you."

Kudos to US for such great CS! (And shame on me for not knowing.)

Edited for Typos

[This message has been edited by UAfan (edited 07-14-2003).]
Old Jul 14, 2003, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ldsant:
You get an op upgrade on an international flight and still find something to complain about? </font>
Anty,

With all fairness to iflyalot, he is afterall, a Flyertalker.

Old Jul 14, 2003, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - million Miler
Thanks 1K-SFO - you got everything 100% correct.

I am grateful for the upgtrade and I started the post that way. As you said, the OP UG WAS given at the gate at the last minute.

The lounge access comment was meant to be constructive. They have some kinks to work out in the arrangements. Both the US and UA agents knew that someone should let me in somewhere, they just did not know who. The Red Carpet club went the extra mile for their 1P customer.

As a final note, when I got to PHL the US club let me in due to the continuation of an international trip and gave me a couple of drink coupons to relax.

This "alliance" sure is nice.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:36 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
I am glad that I was not the only one who felt that US air treats UA MP member better then some of *-partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.