Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Some IAD RCC Agents Not Following Guest Access Rules [Now Resolved]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some IAD RCC Agents Not Following Guest Access Rules [Now Resolved]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Resolved?

Resolution would be a dragon's head on an RCC styrofoam plate.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by bucketlist
Just received two $200 domestic e travel certificates. (Is a UA letter admissible? It's a party admission)

Would have preferred for the Dragon Ladies to follow the rules and not make mrs. bucketlist and her sister feel like gate crashers. UA called the RCC and is trying to educate the Dragons.

Practice pointer: Write the 1K voice when the Dragon Ladies don't follow the rules. Skip surfing for drink chits, go for travel certificates! If enough of us complain, it will help.

FROM UA 1KVOICE

I am sorry your wife and sister-in-law were given incorrect information at the Dulles Red Carpet lounge.

I have spoken to the agents there and there should have been no need for them to purchase a one day pass. As a Premier Executive member, Mrs. bucketlist is allowed one guest in the Red Carpet Club.

While I cannot alter the circumstances of what occurred, please accept the attached travel certificates as a gesture of our concern.

Please use the travel certificate provided and travel with us again under more pleasant circumstances. It will be our pleasure to serve you.

xxxxx x xxxxxx
Customer Relations
Actually, that is quite a nice letter. And so it should be; it can be quite fun to make a scene if you are on your own, but it's quite another thing when the dragon has already embarrassed you in front of your guest.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by mre5765
Resolved?

Resolution would be a dragon's head on an RCC styrofoam plate.
Doesn't that result in two heads to be growing back? Sounds like a bad deal to me.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
OP - did they send YOU the certificate and nothing to your wife/sister-in-law? That doesn't seem right, somehow
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
OP - did they send YOU the certificate and nothing to your wife/sister-in-law? That doesn't seem right, somehow
Valid Point =)
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Bit tricky, I imagine, to send it to another person than the one who sent the complaint.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:12 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
Doesn't that result in two heads to be growing back? Sounds like a bad deal to me.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
The certificates name
$200 for mrs bucketlist
$200 for her sister.

(Don't think it matters, all .bomb cares about is that a valid ecertificate gets plugged in, probably could be used to send Attila the Hun to charm school...)

When info was sent to 1Kvoice, included their reservation info, much specific detail including that day's posts, on .bomb and star alliance WWW site, on lounge access, which showed that Prem. Ex. can have 1 guest. It was sent while they were still in IAD. It had to be sent by me. A Prem Exec. can't send anything to the 1K voice. There's slow response for a 1K, doubt there'd be any response to a general complaint email to UA. Am glad that 1K voice "took my call", or email in this instance.

SHORT VERSION: They got the ecertificates

Comment: This has been a puzzling thread, w/ posts re "hearsay" and something possibly not "right". What counts is wrongly denied admission, how to prevent it and educate the Dragon Lady, not the use, or mis-use, of ecertificates that UA sends. They were mentioned, well I suppose a bit to gloat, but more to show that UA investigated the situation and agreed that Prem. Exec. on a TATL itinerary should be able to have a guest, and even called the RCC.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by weero
You're thinking of a hydra.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Alas, the Dragon Lady may be was onto something!

Originally Posted by bucketlist

UA.COM
"As a Mileage Plus Premier Executive or 1K member, your elite status is recognized across the alliance as Star Alliance Gold status which gives you and a guest access to more than 800 Star Alliance lounges worldwide. Show your same-day international ticket*, no matter what class of service you travel in, for access to the Star Alliance lounge.* Just look for the Star Alliance Gold logo"
I just went to the .bomb page to print out the rule for my tomorrow's trip and the language allowing a guest seems to have been removed.

Can anyone with the latest info chime in on this?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by worldexpress
I just went to the .bomb page to print out the rule for my tomorrow's trip and the language allowing a guest seems to have been removed.

Can anyone with the latest info chime in on this?
The guest rule is still here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.