Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by bluto
So, there is hope for all of us recent BA cardholders.
Chase reduced my other lines to get the BA card approved. I called and their systems are down, hopefully we can redistribute credit once more.

Originally Posted by OutAndAboutt
Chase reduced my other lines to get the BA card approved. I called and their systems are down, hopefully we can redistribute credit once more.
& thankfully no Citi churning since Nov - so that may help

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 13, 2010 at 3:33 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:42 pm

50,000 miles

I was instantly approved - the whole thing took 22 minutes.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Welcome to FlyerTalk. Cancun is in Mexico, which United lumps into "Central America". From North America, the roundtrip coach award is either going to be 35K miles (saver award) or 70K miles (standard award).

Originally Posted by dmdvfl
I am new to mileage program and am trying to figure out how many miles I need to go from SFO to CUN. Would Cancun considered as N. America? Base on their chart, that would be 25k miles. Also, is there expiration date if you don't use your mileage? Any help would be appreciate.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Why do US residents always get the good stuff Even our own airlines give them 100k bonus and us a 1k bonus
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by pogonation
Why do US residents always get the good stuff Even our own airlines give them 100k bonus and us a 1k bonus
Move to US.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:46 am

Approved! I was trying to refer one of my friends to the Visa Signature $60 annual fee cards. It would be good for her, and good for me since I thought you get 15k miles.

Turns out the referral is only good for the Visa Select card with the $130 annual fee.

Anyway, my friend applied for the 50k bonus and got approved over the phone. This is a great deal, everyone should put it out there for their friends. Wish I got the 50k bonus instead of 30k. Would be get me back to Bangkok that much quicker~!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:10 am

approved with BA card within 6 months

Applied yesterday and got "we will notify you in 2 weeks"
This morning both of us got approved with generous credit limit! (which will be useless unfortunately...)
So this also confirms there is no 1 card per 6 months policy with Chase. However, the BA cards we applied last December were our very first Chase. That was a reason we were a bit worried after applying for this card (short history with Chase, plus applying for cards only for the bonus miles), but I guess most banks want new customers rather than giving more to a loyal customer with multiple accounts....

Anyway, big thank you to OP, and FT!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:32 am

Called at 8:00 pm PST last night. I got the 50,000 points and was approved immediately. Note that I was denied for the BA miles last year.

Anyway, my Mom called immediately after I did, and only got the 30,000 offer. I told her to keep calling back!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP | UA Million Miler Gold (former decade-long 1K) | SPG Plat | Hyatt Plat | Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by EUG1K
D'oh. I just applied for one March 24th.
Jim
Any chance Chase might extend the 50K offer to someone who was recently approved for the 30K promo, $60/annual fee, if asked?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta
no longer working

when you follow the steps it says the deal is no longer working and that if you got something in the mail - mail it in or go to the web site in the mail info.

so does anyone have a web site for the 50000 miles?

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Delta-PM-Flyer
when you follow the steps it says the deal is no longer working and that if you got something in the mail - mail it in or go to the web site in the mail info.

so does anyone have a web site for the 50000 miles?

Thanks!
Read the past 75 posts or so and you will see the "current" process.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:17 am

still works

Just signed up for the offer, so as of now it still is active. Customer service representative (CSR) offered the 50,000 mile bonus without any prompting by me. In total, took about 15 minutes. These are the steps I followed (adapted from a post at SD):

1. Call 1-800-421-4655
2. Say enroll in Mileage Plus. You will be transferred to a CSR.
3. Mention you already have an account but want to get a Chase Mileage Plus Credit Card (if you don't have an account, you'd need to get one).
4. CSR will transfer you to Chase Application Center CS (India).
5. CSR will take all your information and give approval.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta
human rep works

While the automated is no longer working - just call and just keep asking the computer for a rep - put nothing into the phone - then at last have the human transfer you for the card! then be sure to ask for 50k deal!

Got it!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
I just took advantage of this wonderful promotion. CSRs did not indicate that this was a targeted promo.

OT: What's the hate against Indian CSRs? From this experience, wait times are about non-existant, and it was relatively pleasant.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by abrash
Just signed up for the offer, so as of now it still is active. Customer service representative (CSR) offered the 50,000 mile bonus without any prompting by me. In total, took about 15 minutes. These are the steps I followed (adapted from a post at SD):

1. Call 1-800-421-4655
2. Say enroll in Mileage Plus. You will be transferred to a CSR.
3. Mention you already have an account but want to get a Chase Mileage Plus Credit Card (if you don't have an account, you'd need to get one).
4. CSR will transfer you to Chase Application Center CS (India).
5. CSR will take all your information and give approval.
Worked, I was approved just awaiting my credit card in a few weeks...

Excellent special, thanks for the post.

Is there a free place to get a credit score? I don't know mine, but know it's not bad...

Also I was told there was no minimum purchase required (just any kind of purchase) and you can cancel at anytime.

Last edited by JJH35; Apr 11, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.