Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
Well, this hit SD. That might be why United/Chase realized what was going on and are now trying to shut it down.
What is SD?

Last edited by sfo-atl; Apr 10, 2010 at 4:00 pm Reason: I didn't yet enter my response.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sfo-atl
What is SD?
Slickdeals.net
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by gabebalazs
Quick question:
Even though I did not get instant approval ("you'll get an answer within 2 weeks"...), when I sign into my United MP, on the "Redeem Miles" page I now see "MP Signature Visa Card" under my name.
Does that mean I got approved?
Originally Posted by Eurosport
for those that didn't get instant approval,
call this number (no prompts) and have them look at your app. they'll approve on the spot/or deny on the spot.

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

^
Thank you for the phone number but I was told I got rejected due to too many credit inquiries.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:26 pm

The offer is still live as of 3:20pm Pacific time. My husband just got off the phone. Had to call back when dumped and then gave an incorrect zip code to get a CSR. Was then transferred. Approval within two weeks, not over the phone.
Was hoping the BA offer would reemerge, but this works!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:37 pm

50,000 Ghost- Miles Plus Miles

Now for the skeptical Conspiracy Theory! In fact no one has "received" any miles. You have received the verbal promise of an offshore SCR who is being compensated by the number of applicants they can sign-up. With no written offer or offer code there will be no recourse if you take the card and receive the standard Miles Plus offer of 30,000 miles.

Questions:

1. Will the immediate "on the phone" application process result in a hard credit score hit? Almost certainly yes!

2. Are you being given an applicable offer code?

3. Are you receiving a confirmation email with the terms of the offer?

4. Does any other recourse apply if the SCR made an "honest" mistake or there was a miscommunication do to heavily accented or incompetent English skills?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I would like to transfer from United Gold Class Visa to this 50k promo Visa. Can I keep my current account number? I'd rather not open a new account.

Thx.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:24 pm

I just did this as well and was approved just 2 minutes ago

"I just followed the instructions of post #184, credit card agent asked if I was applying for the 50,000 miles Visa, then he took my application and I was instantly approved. Overall, it took about 15 minutes."

I entered in wrong zip code, was transferred to an agent, asked for the 50,000 visa offer and they took my application right away.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:12 pm

just got approved as well. same route as above. now on to my wife trying...^
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:26 pm

Just called and applied - relatively nice and painless (only about ten minutes long speech about interest rates, fees, etc). Not sure if there's any correlated to UA status, but no hold times after being forward by the MP line.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Just called and used an incorrect zip code. I was xferred to a MP rep. who xferred me to a Chase rep. She took my info and said I'd hear from them within 2 weeks. She gave me this number to check on my status: 1-888-338-2586.

I've had a no-fee UA MP card (1 mile for every $2 spent) for about 3 years, received the B.A. Visa in November and the SWA Visa last month. What do you think my chances are for approval? My FICO scores are in the high 700s.

Thanks FT community.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Just called and used an incorrect zip code. I was xferred to a MP rep. who xferred me to a Chase rep. She took my info and said I'd hear from them within 2 weeks. She gave me this number to check on my status: 1-888-338-2586.

I've had a no-fee UA MP card (1 mile for every $2 spent) for about 3 years, received the B.A. Visa in November and the SWA Visa last month. What do you think my chances are for approval? My FICO scores are in the high 700s.

Thanks FT community.
Call during business hours to check your status. Most often Chase will have someone with actual power to approve/deny talk to you on the phone (which helps you).
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:17 pm

I am new to mileage program and am trying to figure out how many miles I need to go from SFO to CUN. Would Cancun considered as N. America? Base on their chart, that would be 25k miles. Also, is there expiration date if you don't use your mileage? Any help would be appreciate.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by okrogius
Call during business hours to check your status. Most often Chase will have someone with actual power to approve/deny talk to you on the phone (which helps you).
Good idea. I'll call then Monday morning.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Success(?) - BA Cardholder applies for United card

I just applied for the United Visa following the procedure outlined by Marathon Man in post 184. I checked twice with the rep that this was the app for the 50k miles. Application took 15 mins. At the end, I was told I get my answer within two weeks.

A brief background about my Chase application history: before this year, I had been a longtime chase credit card holder with a high limit (non-miles) personal card and a separate normal limit business card (for a real business, also a non-miles reward card). In late January, I applied for the Chase Southwest Business Visa and was approved after a two-week wait, and after getting a call from a credit rep who moved some of my existing business credit limit to the new southwest business card. In february I applied for the 100k Chase BA card. Again, I had a two week wait and received a call from a credit representative who wanted to redistribute my credit limits, this time moving some of the credit limit on my existing personal chase card to the new BA card. After that I got approval.

So, tonight after hanging up the phone with the rep who took my application, I immediately called the number for Chase supplied by Eurosport in post 199 and asked them to review my application. I offered to redistribute my credit limits to accommodate the new United Visa application. He spent a minute or two reviewing my application and verifying my information. He then asked how I would like to redistribute the limits. At the end of the call, he said the next communication from Chase will be in __ days (sorry guys I forget how many days he said) and then he added "it will likely be a welcome package with a card". This second call only took 5 minutes.

So, there is hope for all of us recent BA cardholders.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
This is one of the best offers I have seen for the United Chase card. However having just got the BA card I am still debating applying for this. Thanks OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.