Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P,PC Rewards
I got approved over the phone and I currently have a no annual fee 1 mile=2 dollars spent UA card (not Visa Signature).

Gotta love 50K miles.....
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Approved with recent credit card applications

Was approved instantly on the phone. My recent cc application history for those contemplating this....

12/15/09 - applied Chase BA card, turned down for too many recent applications
1/17/10 - applied for and received Starwood personal card
2/11/10 - applied for and received Starwood business card
2/14/10 - applied for Chase BA card, turned down, too many recent applications
4/9/10 - applied Chase 50K United offer, instantly approved.

YMMV
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
so how does the one upgrade reward they give you work?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
Can't speak 100% for this particular offer, but when I got my MP Platinum Visa (before they switched to the new cards) I got a 40k bonus and they did in fact count as Chase "Choices" miles. ^ I would assume the same would be true here unless the terms have changed with the new cards.
I've had a UA Visa card for quite a while and I can't figure out what this is. I googled this it directed me to login at www.united.com/chase:
Your Mileage Plus Choices program balance can be found by visiting www.united.com/chase and logging in.
That link takes me to a page advertising Hotel and Car awards. There is nothing I can find that is labeled my "Choices program balance".

Can someone explain more about what this is and how it works?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by airshadow
I was approved for the BA card in mid-January and just applied. I did not get instant approval; so I guess I'll have to wait. I called the 800 number a few minutes ago and got the "we received your application on April 8 ... 2 weeks" recording, which is actually the same message I kept getting before being approved for the BA card. So maybe that's encouraging. I'll post results as they happen...
FOLLOW-UP: I called the 800 # first thing this morning and got the "congrats you're approved message" so that was quick!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by airshadow
FOLLOW-UP: I called the 800 # first thing this morning and got the "congrats you're approved message" so that was quick!
Thanks for the update and congrats! I applied early yesterday morning and didn't get the decision yet. My status message has now turned into "Your application is being reviewed...you will be notified in writing in 7-10 days". I have great credit, so I'm really hoping to get this card. Have you had a UA card ever before?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Thanks for the update and congrats! I applied early yesterday morning and didn't get the decision yet. My status message has now turned into "Your application is being reviewed...you will be notified in writing in 7-10 days". I have great credit, so I'm really hoping to get this card. Have you had a UA card ever before?
Call the back-door number of Chase: 1-888-245-0625. You should be able to speak to a live person there.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
So can you apply for this if you already have a Mileage Plus Select card (the one that earns 3x miles on united purchaes)?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Thanks! No, this is my first UA card. In fact, my BA card was my first Chase card.

Hopefully you'll get some great news in a few days - good luck!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by nydad
Call the back-door number of Chase: 1-888-245-0625. You should be able to speak to a live person there.
Very nice. Got a human. He checked on my pending application. Still in review.

Bruce
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: Free Agent
Cool Business version?

I applied yesterday and was instantly approved. My question: Is there a "Business" version to this 50,000 mile offer?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I've had a UA Visa card for quite a while and I can't figure out what this is. I googled this it directed me to login at www.united.com/chase:

That link takes me to a page advertising Hotel and Car awards. There is nothing I can find that is labeled my "Choices program balance".

Can someone explain more about what this is and how it works?
I believe the correct URL is:

http://www.united.com/choices

Last edited by TechnoPagan; Apr 9, 2010 at 11:25 am Reason: Add more info
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA
I applied last night and wasn't given instant approval. My roommate applied as well and was instantly approved. I just received the Chase Continental card in early March, so I'm hoping that doesn't prevent me getting accepted.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:58 pm

Pardon my ignorance but is this offer for the people with status or just any one on the street. If indeed for anyone than what is the number to call as the web site has just the regular application without any contact number?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:46 pm

I've called the phone number and the 4 vioce options were reservations, upgrades, enroll in Milage Plus, and manage my account.

Logically, I chose "Enroll", but it's not transferring me to a rep, it seems to be a voice machine controlled enrollement process (asking name, address etc.)

Am I supposed to be talking to a live rep? I don't want to just sign up for a new card with no 50K bonus miles. Or is that really the process, via a voice machine?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.