Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Gold,, AA, AS, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Can this promo be combined with the 30000 miles awarded for being referred? If so, my wife can "refer" me from her Premier/Chase United account. 80,000 combined bonus would be extra sweet!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:57 am

Oh my -- I was approved for the BA card three months ago, and the CO card a few days ago. I think I'll wait until the end of April to give this one a try.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by ORkestrel
Can this promo be combined with the 30000 miles awarded for being referred? If so, my wife can "refer" me from her Premier/Chase United account. 80,000 combined bonus would be extra sweet!
I don't have the answer to this question, but nonetheless welcome to FT.

I can't believe you waited six years to write the very first post.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Wish there was an online application. Listening to the T&C on the phone was very tedious. I did note that the first year annual fee is waived for the 50,000 bonus mile offer.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by ORkestrel
As per the earlier post, this offer has its own offer code and isn't combine-able with the referral bonus. But still its 5000 more miles than you would have gotten the other way as the referral bonus would have meant 15,000 for your wife and 30,000 for you, instead of 50,000 for you.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - are those T&Cs part of the new cc regulations that just went into effect? Painful!

I'm definitely concerned about the potential of being declined due to only getting cards for promotions. That's me to a T - especially with Chase.

No confirm on the phone - gotta wait. I wonder if I should be using my BA card immediately!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:50 am

My old platinum card ($140) says visa signature on it. I wonder if it is treated the same as the signature card in question here.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:57 am

I just got an instant approval over the phone! This is my first Chase card. Thanks OP!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:14 pm

Sorry new member here and I've never used United Miles before. Does anyone know if i open up 2 Chase accounts, could i transfer the miles between them? if so what are the cost? thanks
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:16 pm

I had a UA visa signature 3 years ago, and downgraded it to the no-annual-fee 1/2 mile/$ card, which I still hold today. Anyone have any insight into whether I would be eligible for the 50k bonus?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Thank you OP! This is fantastic. I was approved on the phone as others have said. However it took me a couple of calls before I agreed to apply for this card as I have a Platinum Visa already and was afraid they would deny me the bonus miles as a result. Until I was assured that I was eligible for the bonus miles I would not apply. Apparently this offer is for new card holders OR for card holders who did not receive bonus miles with the card they presently have.

Once I had been approved I asked if they could overnight the cards to me. Cheeky, huh? The reason is that we are leaving Saturday morning to be gone for a week and I'd like to use this new card but would have to receive it tomorrow. They agreed to overnight it.

So now I have two Chase Visas - this is nuts. I don't even like credit cards, pay them off in full each month, but this was just too good to pass up!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Ok I had resisted getting a new CC, but 50K of miles, is really hard to resist. I applied was approved, what is nice, you get the 50K of miles with a balance transfer. So I wont have to purchase anything. Nice offer...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by kevincure
I had a United card in 2006. Two friends also did. Both got a new card and bonus this year. Chase had no record of my ever having had a united card last time I talked to them. Of course, ymmv.
I also had a United card a few years back.
I was thinking to apply for this 50K and see what happens....However:

1) Received BA card last November.

2) Received CO card maybe six weeks ago.
(another confirm there is NOT a firm 6-month interval required).

3) Applied for the Amtrak card (35K points, no fee) a week ago.
Yesterday received the denial letter saying"
"too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us"

Frankly, I have to agree with their conclusion.
So will not try for this one.

Still curious if many previous UA card holders are getting approved.
If so, how long since you had the previous card ?? Thanks !

P.S./EDIT:

Checking my UA Account Summary,
the Program participation summary says

Mileage Plus Visa
No activity in the past 6 months
Boost your mileage balance with a Mileage Plus Visa.
Earn 30,000 bonus miles,......Apply now.

Following through to the T&C,
I see the famous "new" paragraph:

Replying to this offer:
.....If applicable, Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Apr 8, 2010 at 12:53 pm Reason: T&C added
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know if you can book Continental flights through United's site? That would make this card better for me than the CO 30,000 mile card (CO is the airline I have most use for)

I know at Continental.com you can book United with onepass miles, but can't seem to figure out if the reverse works..

thanks

edit: just figured it out -- star alliance only booked via phone with $25 agent charge.

Last edited by jack5432; Apr 8, 2010 at 12:56 pm
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:33 pm

Thanks OP! Great offer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.