Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
Smile

Just signed up over the phone. Was thinking about signing up for the Chase Continental Promo for 25,000 OnePass miles (given I had signed up for the Chase Continental Debit Card for 25k), but good thing I decided to hold off on signing up!

The call took approximately 15-minutes from time to dialing the MileagePlus number to hanging up the phone. Informed agent that I wanted the 50k promo. It was really hard to hear him, as this call center has very bad headsets and lots of background noise.

Was approved as soon as he submitted the application. He also said there's a $25 United certificate included as well.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
man, i just got a chase sapphire card at the end of last month. is it too soon to apply for this united card?

is this promo for sure going to end at the end of april?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by midnightio
Signed up this evening (after calling to cancel 2 tickets) -- Took my info, 1 minute hold, and then was approved (left out the 10min of verbal description of the card, terms, and opting out of the add-on protection plan).

Easy enough. Thanks FT!
Just got mine....and plan on passing the word on to others. Thanks FT!

This was my experience and I was approved on the phone too. We have been playing with the idea of getting a new MP card and glad we waited. Canceled our last one when it was still with FirstUSA??

I stopped listening to the T&C (did hear the amusing part about being denied if Chase feels I take undue advantage of bonus mile offers) and did not "opt out." Can I do that later? We never carry a balance so will this omission cost me anything?

Lastly, not that we would ever consider churning cards or anything, but if I make my husband an authorized user on my account, does that preclude him from applying for his own card and getting the same bonus?

Last edited by msk6261; Apr 8, 2010 at 6:01 pm
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:53 pm

Easy 100,000 miles

I love FlyerTalk and thanks OP. DH and I just applied.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by josephstern
Sensing a trend here.

Looks like immediate approval on the phone will NOT happen if you have the BA card.

Has any BA cardholder gotten immediate approval for this offer?
I did receive an instant approval; I have a BA card from Nov. 2009.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by airshadow
I was approved for the BA card in mid-January and just applied. I did not get instant approval; so I guess I'll have to wait. I called the 800 number a few minutes ago and got the "we received your application on April 8 ... 2 weeks" recording, which is actually the same message I kept getting before being approved for the BA card. So maybe that's encouraging. I'll post results as they happen...
I'm in the same situation as a lot of you. For those of you who are getting the "we received your application on ...." message, are you all getting the get a decision in 2 weeks? I got a "get a decision within 30 days...". I had a BA card before and I could've sworn that those that were pended or denied had the 30 days message. If everyone else is getting the 2 weeks, this doesn't bold well for me.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by josephstern
Sensing a trend here. Looks like immediate approval on the phone will NOT happen if you have the BA card. Has any BA cardholder gotten immediate approval for this offer?
Hmmm. I don't have the BA VISA card, but I do have a Marriott Rewards VISA card issued by Chase. I've had that card for many, many years, maybe 20 or more. I did not get instant approval, either, and was told that it would take 2 weeks to consider my application. Note that I have a perfect history with my Marriott VISA card, having paid every bill in full upon receipt.

So, what should I make of the 2-week delay?

Bruce
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
I'm in the same situation as a lot of you. For those of you who are getting the "we received your application on ...." message, are you all getting the get a decision in 2 weeks? I got a "get a decision within 30 days...". I had a BA card before and I could've sworn that those that were pended or denied had the 30 days message. If everyone else is getting the 2 weeks, this doesn't bold well for me.
I got the 2 week message when I applied for the BA card and eventually got it.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:50 pm

I'll be sure to follow up either way ....
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA
I was instantly approved today according to CSR, but my application status through 1-888 number still tells me that I will "get a decision within 30 days."
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Hmmm. I don't have the BA VISA card, but I do have a Marriott Rewards VISA card issued by Chase. I've had that card for many, many years, maybe 20 or more. I did not get instant approval, either, and was told that it would take 2 weeks to consider my application. Note that I have a perfect history with my Marriott VISA card, having paid every bill in full upon receipt.

So, what should I make of the 2-week delay?

Bruce

Bruce: I only got that message for a couple of days before it changed to an approval. So it wasn't actually 2 weeks.

For those who want to check status, here is the number again. It's the same exact number found on the very first page of the BA 100,000 mile FlyerTalk thread and works for any new application:

800 945 2006
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:58 pm

Aha - so maybe I'm not out of it yet. I just realized that most of you are probably dialing the Chase # (that was also on the BA thread - 1800-945-2006). I also got the 2 weeks message on that one.

The rep gave me this number (1888) 338-2586 which indicates a decision within 30 days.

Hopefully, getting the BA card isn't going to prevent us from getting this card.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:40 pm

I applied yesterday and got the 2 week message. Just called the 800 number and was congratulated on being accepted for the card! I also signed up for the BA card in late November.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
applied and was instantly approved, have been looking for something like this, thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG AMB, Marriott Gold
I am from Canada and I tried applying for a MP VIsa Card before. Sadly, I wasn't approved (not because of my credit history) but because I don't have SSN (we call ours here in Canada SIN). I even gave my sister's US address to qualify. Is there anyone here who had the same problem? At any rate, I am going to try my luck again. I'll call and apply again. Wish me good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.