Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Feb 14, 11, 1:02 pm

50,000 United Chase Plus card still possible?

If so, how?

Anyone get it VERY recently as a member?
Old Feb 14, 11, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just got it last week

Originally Posted by Callao View Post
If so, how?

Applied online and was instantly approved a week ago. Got the card on Friday.
Old Feb 18, 11, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I got the card 2 weeks ago got the miles a day ago spent them already
Old Feb 18, 11, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by gohan403 View Post
I got the card 2 weeks ago got the miles a day ago spent them already
Is this your first CO Visa ever?
Old Feb 19, 11, 12:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Callao View Post
If so, how?

I just got a snail mail offer for the card 50k card without the waived fee. I only joined mileage plus a few months ago and currently have 0 miles with them.
Old Feb 20, 11, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Sorry if this was already asked previously, but I did a quick search on "canceled" and "cancelled" without getting relevant results.

I received the 50k bonus last year when this offer first arrived. I cancelled that account a couple of months ago, and the MP site now shows the 50k offer for me. While I understand that technically you are only supposed to get the bonus one time, I think many people have received multiple bonuses for this/similar cards in the past.

So, the question is: has anybody cancelled and re-applied for this card with the 50k bonus?

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 11, 11:37 pm

Does anyone have a link to the 50k UA offer and will this merge with CO to make 100k if you do both CC offers?
Old Mar 3, 11, 9:04 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by nissan720 View Post
As of 15 Feb 2011 that the Mileage Plus Select will no longer have any Foreign Exchange Fees.

I found out while talking to one person today while activating the new card. I even called back a couple hours later and the lady had to check (she was not even aware of this) but it is no longer going to have the FOREX fees.
Interesting. I wonder if that only applies to cards issued after 15 feb, instead of all cards. I used my MP Select to donate to the NZ Red Cross yesterday and the regular 3% foreign transaction fee shows up in the online activity.
Old Mar 4, 11, 2:44 pm

Existing cardholder "Bonus: You've received 5,000 award miles on us"

I've been a cardmember for about 11 months. Did anyone else get this email today? Text below:

Subject: Bonus: You've received 5,000 award miles on us
Sender: Mileage Plus Partners [email protected]

Special bonus: We've deposited 5,000 bonus miles into your account as a thank you.
You now have X miles. That's 5,000 more than you had on Tuesday.

As a special thank you for being a Mileage Plus® Visa Signature® cardmember, we have deposited 5,000 bonus miles into your account.

Enjoy 5,000 bonus award miles as a thank you.
We appreciate your business as a Mileage Plus Visa Signature cardmember and wanted to let you know. Your miles are already in your account to use as you wish
Old Mar 4, 11, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by nissan720 View Post
As of 15 Feb 2011 that the Mileage Plus Select will no longer have any Foreign Exchange Fees.

I found out while talking to one person today while activating the new card. I even called back a couple hours later and the lady had to check (she was not even aware of this) but it is no longer going to have the FOREX fees.
I found this NYTimes.com story indicating that the forex fee is waived for the Mileage Plus Club Visa, with a $375 annual fee (the only MP card mentioned).
Old Mar 5, 11, 7:26 am

Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, Southwest A-List, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
Originally Posted by decerbod View Post
I've been a cardmember for about 11 months. Did anyone else get this email today? Text below:

Subject: Bonus: You've received 5,000 award miles on us
Sender: Mileage Plus Partners [email protected]

Special bonus: We've deposited 5,000 bonus miles into your account as a thank you.
You now have X miles. That's 5,000 more than you had on Tuesday.

As a special thank you for being a Mileage Plus® Visa Signature® cardmember, we have deposited 5,000 bonus miles into your account.

Enjoy 5,000 bonus award miles as a thank you.
We appreciate your business as a Mileage Plus Visa Signature cardmember and wanted to let you know. Your miles are already in your account to use as you wish
IIRC there was an offer for 5k bonus miles if you had 5 mileage earning partner transactions.
Old Mar 7, 11, 3:40 pm

Thanks Mrp Alert for the post about that offer. Others tiped me off that this 5K is likely a annual cardmember gift that I hadn't realized was part of the card.
Old Mar 17, 11, 4:31 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
I rec'd my Card in 4/10 and called in to cancel the card to avoid paying the annual fee and they told me I could downgrade to no annual fee card which has 1 mile for every $2 in transactions. They said I would have to call back on 4/22, my anniversary date to do this and they would reimburse the $60 annual fee. I am planning to do this for credit score purposes, I have no interest in using this card. Have others been offered same deal?
Old Mar 17, 11, 5:10 pm
RNE

Programs: UA Electrum, Crown&Anchor Diamond, CaptainsCircle Platinum
Originally Posted by koctail View Post
...they would reimburse the $60 annual fee.
It is my understanding and experience that card issuers are loath to refund annual fees. Their gambit to have you call back on the anniversary date seems cockamamie. There is no reason Chase cannot make the switch now, if they're willing to do so. My advice is not to wait. Downgrade the card now. If they won't, cancel the card.
Old May 18, 11, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Chase UA card, no annual fee for 1k?

I applied that card one year ago for the 50000m bonus. and beginning of this month I was charged $60 annual fee.
I was traveling and planned to call and see if this can be waived or get some thing out of it as others suggested. But surprisingly I found Chase refunded the fee to my account yesterday, labeled as "1k fee waiver"^.

I didn't know 1k had this benefit, if it is true, for sure I am going to keep this card for a long time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: