Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Sep 3, 10, 6:04 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by coterie View Post
Quick question, if I cancel before first year, does this hurt my credit? Danke.
Hurt? No. Lower a FICO from 810 to 805? Oh the horror! People get way too hung up on "negative" events which don't amount to a hill of beans. My learned advice is not to worry about petty things like inquiries and closures. Scrupulously avoid missed payments, late payments, defaults and, of course, bankruptcy. Then go about your merry financial business secure in the knowledge that your credit worthiness is just fine, vielen dank.
Old Sep 3, 10, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coterie View Post
+1. The annula fee after first year is $95. Also,

Triple miles on United® purchases
Double miles on eligible gas, home improvement, grocery, dining, and Star Alliance® airline purchases
1 mile per $1 spent on everything else
5,000 anniversary bonus miles every year
Up to 5,000 elite status miles (EQM) each year for purchases made at united.com®

I believe this is worth it. Quick question, if I cancel before first year, does this hurt my credit? Danke.
Dang. The emails we received are only for 30K though the rest are identical.
Old Sep 3, 10, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Originally Posted by RNE View Post
Hurt? No. Lower a FICO from 810 to 805? Oh the horror! People get way too hung up on "negative" events which don't amount to a hill of beans. My learned advice is not to worry about petty things like inquiries and closures. Scrupulously avoid missed payments, late payments, defaults and, of course, bankruptcy. Then go about your merry financial business secure in the knowledge that your credit worthiness is just fine, vielen dank.
Sweet!! Viva credit cards!! Viva Free 50 k miles!!
Old Sep 3, 10, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Dang. The emails we received are only for 30K though the rest are identical.
Same here 30k. No way. I would go for the fifty though.
Old Sep 4, 10, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
I just applied two days ago for chase select visa, except the one I applied didn't have 5,000 annual bonus and it was only 30K free miles. I called their recon number and was told that I was approved but the automated system says it's pending.

and I just received the target email that gives 50K + 5,000 annual bonus miles! Is there any way I can talk to their credit card department to adjust/apply this promo or am I out of luck?
Old Sep 4, 10, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold; DL Gold Medallion; HHonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver Elite
I just got my Select Visa 1 month ago, and the 30,000 haven't been credited to my account yet. Any chances of me being able to get the 50,000 bonus in lieu of the 30,000? My deal also included the first year free.
Old Sep 10, 10, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
50m miles just posted at the end of the first billing cycle - even before I paid a dime to Chase. Now just waiting for word that the UA/CO merger is a done deal so I can combine the accounts. Woohoo!
Old Sep 10, 10, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, AA, DL, Marriott Silver
I never got any of the emails, and used to get lots of stuff in snail mail for the older UA cards, but not lately. On the other hand, my SO has been getting tons, finally applied and got the select on the spot.

On the other hand, when I go to the Web site (thatsaplus.com), the standard 30,000 offer applies for the select card (30K miles, $50 discount cert. but no fee waiver). But when I log in to get my special offer, I get the 50K miles, discount cert, first year fee waiver and up to 5,000 EQM/year, but not the recurring 5,000 bonus every year.
Old Sep 18, 10, 9:57 am

Chase card offer for 50K UA miles is back, sort of

See the discussion at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ck-elites.html

According to the Miles Buzz thread, not all UA elites are getting the 50K offer. As a lowly 2P, I did, but I haven't held a Chase UA card in over 18 months. YMPMV.
Old Oct 1, 10, 10:50 am

I am trying to figure out if I would be an authorized user, if my wife got a visa card, as i have visa united cards with her as user, but to get another 5K miles she would need to sign up one user, would I qualify?

sure wish there was something out there for more than 30K
Old Oct 6, 10, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
UA always been w/Chase?

Has United's CC partner always been Chase? I had a UA Visa a few years ago, but I don't remember Chase being the issuing bank at the time.
Old Oct 6, 10, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post

On the other hand, when I go to the Web site (thatsaplus.com), the standard 30,000 offer applies for the select card (30K miles, $50 discount cert. but no fee waiver). But when I log in to get my special offer, I get the 50K miles, discount cert, first year fee waiver and up to 5,000 EQM/year, but not the recurring 5,000 bonus every year.
I assume this is the same 50K deal I just applied for--in the literature I received with my card it said I also would get a 5000 bonus every year, although not EQM (EQM is only for purchases at United.com).

Originally Posted by RNE View Post
Hurt? No. Lower a FICO from 810 to 805?
The only hit would be that it would increase your credit utilization as you have, all told, a lower total credit available. Of course, on the flip side presumably as you increase your credit available when you get your card your score should go up! So it should be a wash at the end of the year, other things equal.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 6, 10 at 8:07 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 6, 10, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by loomis View Post
Has United's CC partner always been Chase? I had a UA Visa a few years ago, but I don't remember Chase being the issuing bank at the time.
No. I had the UA card from First Bank years ago which was bought by First USA which was bought by Bank One which was bought by Chase. In each buyout they issued me a new card.
Old Oct 7, 10, 9:47 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
No. I had the UA card from First Bank years ago which was bought by First USA which was bought by Bank One which was bought by Chase. In each buyout they issued me a new card.
Thanks for the history lesson, rrgg!!

Does anyone know when Chase took over the UA Visa?
Old Nov 28, 10, 7:48 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Any new offers for a non elite besides the 30K?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: