Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Jul 25, 10, 10:20 am

I got the 50,000 miles

I called this number Call the MP customer service line (1-800-421-4655)
end of May or maybe early June. I was able to get the 50,000 miles. I did have a united credit card a few years ago and received the 20,000 mile bonus than. The 50,000 miles have posted.
Old Jul 25, 10, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
If the 50,000 offer is indeed dead, does anyone know if the card with the 15,000 referral bonus is still available ? The offer was 30,000 miles with a 15,000 referral bonus, $60 fee. I can't find the link.

Would appreciate any info.
Old Jul 25, 10, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold; DL Gold Medallion; HHonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver Elite
Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
If the 50,000 offer is indeed dead, does anyone know if the card with the 15,000 referral bonus is still available ? The offer was 30,000 miles with a 15,000 referral bonus, $60 fee. I can't find the link.

Would appreciate any info.
When I called the other day inquiring about the 50,000 mile deal, I mentioned that a coworker had told me about the offer. The rep said that he would be eligible to receive 15,000 miles for referring me. Don't know if that helps answer your question.
Old Jul 26, 10, 11:47 pm

Programs: ALL
I can't believe how long this thread has gotten. I too am interested in the 15k referral miles link if someone finds it. Thanks
Old Jul 27, 10, 12:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by azhoopsfan View Post
I can't believe how long this thread has gotten. I too am interested in the 15k referral miles link if someone finds it. Thanks
I just called the # that I used for a 15K referral bonus in the past (1-877-858-5188) and the agent told me that there are no current offers out there for the 15K referral. The codes that I had were C7G4 and CHL9.

I friend of mine needs to apply for a United card ASAP. I was hoping to get the referral, but it doesn't look good.

Is there at least a 30K card with no annual fee out there now?
Old Jul 27, 10, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
I just called the # that I used for a 15K referral bonus in the past (1-877-858-5188) and the agent told me that there are no current offers out there for the 15K referral. The codes that I had were C7G4 and CHL9.

I friend of mine needs to apply for a United card ASAP. I was hoping to get the referral, but it doesn't look good.

Is there at least a 30K card with no annual fee out there now?
there are advertisements all over this page for United MP Visa credit card 30k bonus miles.. sign up for that, call them and get the first year waived, get your bonus miles, then cancel the card before a year comes up
Old Jul 27, 10, 1:51 am

This seems to be the best link that I could find - 30K and no annual fee.
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...p.do?SPID=CSH4
Old Jul 30, 10, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Approved for 50k bonus MP Visa

Applied earlier this month to a 50K MP bonus offer for Chase Visa. Got approved and received the card today. When calling to activate the card, I asked the agent to confirm that I would receive the 50k bonus miles after making my first purchase and she said yes, that my account was coded for this offer.

I am really a CO frequent flyer but could not pass up this offer as it was too generous and I am banking on MP and OnePass to merge later this year so I can combine the miles.

In any case, the 50K bonus offer is alive and well, but probably only to those who are targeted with the offer as I was.
Old Aug 15, 10, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by ctroadwarrior View Post
Applied earlier this month to a 50K MP bonus offer for Chase Visa. Got approved and received the card today. When calling to activate the card, I asked the agent to confirm that I would receive the 50k bonus miles after making my first purchase and she said yes, that my account was coded for this offer.

I am really a CO frequent flyer but could not pass up this offer as it was too generous and I am banking on MP and OnePass to merge later this year so I can combine the miles.

In any case, the 50K bonus offer is alive and well, but probably only to those who are targeted with the offer as I was.
What was the promo code you asked for? Thanks
Old Aug 15, 10, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by psyflyer View Post
What was the promo code you asked for? Thanks
Unfortunately, I believe this was a targeted offer. I received a snail mail invitation with a code and entered that into the online application which then, I seem to recall, pre-populated a lot of my personal info. I then completed the rest of the application and submitted it online. So it would seem that the code was personalized to each person receiving it.

My only point in posting is to let folks know that this offer is still available if one is targeted for it although I'm not exactly sure what that criterea would be.

I took the offer really for two main reasons. (1) Because 50k bonus is the most I've ever seen offered, and (2) Even though I don't really fly UA much, I am counting on my UA account to be merged with CO where most of my miles are now. Worst case, I can still redeem them for partner *A award(s) if the accounts don't merge.
Old Aug 15, 10, 2:32 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by ctroadwarrior View Post
I took the offer really for two main reasons. (1) Because 50k bonus is the most I've ever seen offered, and (2) Even though I don't really fly UA much, I am counting on my UA account to be merged with CO where most of my miles are now. Worst case, I can still redeem them for partner *A award(s) if the accounts don't merge.
Rest assured.
Old Sep 3, 10, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
A quick note that I got an e-mail with a targeted offer for 50k after $250 spend for the Select Visa, with first year fee waived, in a Mileage Plus Partners e-mail.
Old Sep 3, 10, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Originally Posted by mherdeg View Post
A quick note that I got an e-mail with a targeted offer for 50k after $250 spend for the Select Visa, with first year fee waived, in a Mileage Plus Partners e-mail.
+1. The annula fee after first year is $95. Also,

Triple miles on United® purchases
Double miles on eligible gas, home improvement, grocery, dining, and Star Alliance® airline purchases
1 mile per $1 spent on everything else
5,000 anniversary bonus miles every year
Up to 5,000 elite status miles (EQM) each year for purchases made at united.com®

I believe this is worth it. Quick question, if I cancel before first year, does this hurt my credit? Danke.
Old Sep 3, 10, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM; Marriott Platinum
New Offer

I just recd a targeted offer. 50,000 miles + $50 after charging $250 + no first year fees. Anything better out there???
Thanks,
SKG
Old Sep 3, 10, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by SKG109 View Post
I just recd a targeted offer. 50,000 miles + $50 after charging $250 + no first year fees. Anything better out there???
Thanks,
SKG
email or usps?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: