Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Jun 20, 10, 8:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Carson818 View Post
So I have a question, about the chase/UA cc
I'm pretty new with UA but I only have around 17k miles this year w/ them,
if I apply for the chase/UA cc will the 30k miles count toward status??
thanks!!
No, the 30k are redeemable miles, not EQMs. Some of the higher-end United cards have EQM bonuses but not anywhere near 30k.
Old Jun 20, 10, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Ok thanks for the info, thats what I figured but wanted to check to be sure, thanks again
Old Jun 21, 10, 2:02 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt. RewardsNetwork dining.
Comparison chart for UA MP Chase Visas

Originally Posted by Carson818 View Post
So I have a question, about the chase/UA cc
I'm pretty new with UA but I only have around 17k miles this year w/ them,
if I apply for the chase/UA cc will the 30k miles count toward status??
thanks!!
This chart makes it a little easier to compare the differences between the different cards. Check out the "Elite Qualitying Miles (EQM)" row.

Mileage Plus > Earn miles > Partner guide > Credit Cards > Mileage Plus Visa
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,10017,3865,00.html
Old Jun 21, 10, 5:05 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Statement closed and miles are on the way to UA!! Not bad for a 1.82 in spend!!
Old Jun 21, 10, 5:39 am
RNE

Programs: UA Electrum, Crown&Anchor Diamond, CaptainsCircle Platinum
Originally Posted by BonnieSEA View Post
This chart makes it a little easier to compare the differences between the different cards. Check out the "Elite Qualitying Miles (EQM)" row.
I wonder how Chase is going to consolidate UA cards and CO cards. For instance, while the Mileage Plus Club Visa is similar to the Presidential Plus MasterCard, the latter offers elite airport services. I don't see any MP card that offers that perk (which is my primary reason for having the PP card). What would be nice would be one card that combines:

• Club membership
  • Elite airport services
  • E+ seating
  • Generous RDMs
  • Flex EQMs*

*At the OnePass rate of 1000 EQMs per $5000 spend, not the stingy MP rate of 5000 EQMs per $35,000 spend. I'm not sure the "1 EQM for each $10 of net purchase over $35,000 in net purchases" makes up for that, unless it's unlimited and you run a lot of expenses through your account.
Old Jul 8, 10, 10:49 am

Programs: UA, AA, AGR
I applied for this card during the 50k promotion back in April. The application showed up on my credit report, and I called the status line a few times and was told it was pending. Never received anything about the card in the mail. Then for the past few months I've been traveling outside the US and not able to call conveniently. Now I'm back, called Chase (both the 800 945 2006 and 888 338 2586 numbers) and the computers and humans there say they have no record of my application. How should I proceed? Don't want to give up on this if there's still a chance of getting the 50k miles.
Old Jul 8, 10, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA / SPG
Any EQM for purchases on united.com?

I don't have the sign-up offer with me for the UA 50k miles Visa Card, but does anyone know if this card earns EQM's for purchases on United.com? Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 10, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
The card that I received was the no frills base card. The higher priced cards do have the EQM option. Per the UA website you can:

"Simply call Chase Cardmember Services at 1-800-537-7783 to see if you are eligible for an upgrade."
Old Jul 12, 10, 1:30 pm

Can you be specific with Chase: such as the pending app number, etc?

Originally Posted by lexande View Post
I applied for this card during the 50k promotion back in April. The application showed up on my credit report, and I called the status line a few times and was told it was pending. Never received anything about the card in the mail. Then for the past few months I've been traveling outside the US and not able to call conveniently. Now I'm back, called Chase (both the 800 945 2006 and 888 338 2586 numbers) and the computers and humans there say they have no record of my application. How should I proceed? Don't want to give up on this if there's still a chance of getting the 50k miles.
Old Jul 13, 10, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AGR
Originally Posted by best View Post
Can you be specific with Chase: such as the pending app number, etc?
I don't have a pending app number or anything like that; since this promotion could only be applied for over the phone I don't have any documentation at all.
Old Jul 19, 10, 10:24 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by djakio View Post
Not sure if this is old news or not. Called 1K desk today to change a flight, and the agent told me that for April, they have a 50k sign up bonus for the Chase card if you do it over the phone.
OP, thank you very much for posting this wonderful enrollment bonus! I applied the day before deadline.

After making one follow-up phone call, I saw my Chase enrollment bonus post to my MP account. I squeezed $0.06+/mile out of my redemption!
Old Jul 23, 10, 11:32 am

I must have missed this, was this for first-time customers only? The rep I spoke to said it wasn't.
Old Jul 23, 10, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold; DL Gold Medallion; HHonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver Elite
I know this was available the entire month of April. Any idea how often special bonuses like this are offered? Just trying to decide whether or not I should pounce on the 30,000 miles offer right now, or wait a bit and see if something better comes along.
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:05 pm
RNE

Programs: UA Electrum, Crown&Anchor Diamond, CaptainsCircle Platinum
Originally Posted by Alitalia777 View Post
I know this was available the entire month of April. Any idea how often special bonuses like this are offered? Just trying to decide whether or not I should pounce on the 30,000 miles offer right now, or wait a bit and see if something better comes along.
The general consensus is nobody knows. Could go up. Could go down. Could go away. Thirty thousand miles is nothing to sneeze at. I decided to stop pining over the "lost" 50,000 miles and take what's on the table now. YMMV.
Old Jul 24, 10, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
I received an invitation in the mail a couple weeks ago for a 50k mile card sign up bonus, but as I was out of town when it arrived, I missed the sign up deadline. I also tossed it, so I can't offer any further details, but I think it was valid for a couple weeks in June only. The thatsaplus.com website only gives me a 30k "personal offer" bonus though.

Search this Thread