Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old Jun 14, 10, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by RNE View Post
Got my rejection letter from Chase today. That's it folks.

Dear RNE:

Thank you for your interest in our United Mileage Plus program. An application was recently submitted in your name through an application channel designed for response to a specific offer that required a code for processing. Your request did not contain the appropriate code and, therefore, could not be processed.

If you are interested in obtaining a credit card account, please visit our website directly at www.Chase.com for the most current offers and terms available.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused and we thank you for your interest in our credit products and services.

Damn!

Maybe I will receive my rejection soon
Old Jun 15, 10, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by RNE View Post
Got my rejection letter from Chase today; it was mailed June 12 (says from Reading, PA, but the meter's zip code is 19713) Anyway, figure first class mail delivery time from Delaware to you and you'll know approximately when to expect your Dear John letter (assuming Chase mailed them all at once)ónot that you want to receive it. That's it folks.

June 11, 2010

Dear RNE:

Thank you for your interest in our United Mileage Plus program. An application was recently submitted in your name through an application channel designed for response to a specific offer that required a code for processing. Your request did not contain the appropriate code and, therefore, could not be processed.

If you are interested in obtaining a credit card account, please visit our website directly at www.Chase.com for the most current offers and terms available.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused and we thank you for your interest in our credit products and services.
wife got this yesterday too
Old Jun 16, 10, 5:24 pm

Programs: MP 1P
Got my letter yesterday. Oh well.
Old Jun 16, 10, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, SPG
Has anyone from May 19 slipped through the cracks? I have not received a letter yet.
Old Jun 18, 10, 1:11 pm

got my rejection letter. I applied on May 24.
Old Jun 18, 10, 1:16 pm

Can I still apply for one?
How?
Old Jun 18, 10, 1:35 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by sciconf View Post
How?
No.
Old Jun 18, 10, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX S
How?
You're about a month-ish too late, my friend. This deal is toast.
Old Jun 19, 10, 9:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been able to upgrade their card to the United Select or Club card? I got the 50K deal, spent a chunk of cash on the card, got my miles and want to trade up, but Chase won't let me...
Old Jun 19, 10, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Tried this earlier this week. Called (two different agents) and asked to upgrade my new Signature card to the Select card. At first, each eagerly agreed to upgrade my card, but then each time they encountered a warning screen of some sort on their screens, telling them that I couldn't upgrade without losing the 50K bonus. Both agents told me that I could upgrade after I have the card for six months.

I also tried to ugrade by sending a secure email to Chase, but no dice there, either.

You might try opening a separate account...?
Old Jun 19, 10, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by itchyhb View Post
Has anyone been able to upgrade their card to the United Select or Club card? I got the 50K deal, spent a chunk of cash on the card, got my miles and want to trade up, but Chase won't let me...
Originally Posted by busyexec331 View Post
Tried this earlier this week. Called (two different agents) and asked to upgrade my new Signature card to the Select card. At first, each eagerly agreed to upgrade my card, but then each time they encountered a warning screen of some sort on their screens, telling them that I couldn't upgrade without losing the 50K bonus. Both agents told me that I could upgrade after I have the card for six months.

I also tried to ugrade by sending a secure email to Chase, but no dice there, either.

You might try opening a separate account...?

Same here, called a bunch of times, always a no, but yesterday the dude was all about upgrading me, describing all the cards etc, but at the end, it wouldn't let him do it. Secure message requests over the past few weeks all denied as well. I've been told 60 days by a few reps, I hope its not 6 months like you heard.

I don't think they will give me another account, I have 3 Chase cards already and when I got my 50k United Signature card, they wouldn't give me more credit, I had to cannibalize some of my credit line from the other cards. Don't really want another United card anyways, just want the better United card eventually...

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 10, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by itchyhb View Post
Same here, called a bunch of times, always a no, but yesterday the dude was all about upgrading me, describing all the cards etc, but at the end, it wouldn't let him do it. Secure message requests over the past few weeks all denied as well. I've been told 60 days by a few reps, I hope its not 6 months like you heard.

I don't think they will give me another account, I have 3 Chase cards already and when I got my 50k United Signature card, they wouldn't give me more credit, I had to cannibalize some of my credit line from the other cards. Don't really want another United card anyways, just want the better United card eventually...

Thanks
What is the benefit of upgrading?
Old Jun 20, 10, 10:47 am

there was a thread somewhere about trading spg points to American Airlines, i have to look for that..

i got the declination letter also from visa on my wife
Old Jun 20, 10, 11:03 am

What is the benefit of upgrading?
The Select Visa will give double miles on gas/groceries/dinging etc and triple miles with United.com purchases that count as EQM, plus 5000 bonus anniversary miles every year. Annual fee increase is negligible, only $35 more.

Much better card.

http://mpfamilyofcards.com/
Old Jun 20, 10, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
So I have a question, about the chase/UA cc
I'm pretty new with UA but I only have around 17k miles this year w/ them,
if I apply for the chase/UA cc will the 30k miles count toward status??
thanks!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: