Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Old May 26, 2010, 1:56 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
I don't know what direct number you called, but I just called 888-245-0625 and asked about my application. The rep told me their system cannot see the apps for up to two weeks after applying online. That may be why your rep couldn't find it even though it's there.
Originally Posted by Happy
I finally called the 888 number posted by dinosims. The rep cannot find my application by using SSN, or Last name and Zip Code combo. She said application received would show up in the system she used within 24 to 48 hours. The fact that there is not a Chase email acknowledging the receipt of application, according to this rep, means the app has not gone anywhere in Chase system. i.e. it is basically "lost" in the syber space somewhere and would never be processed.

Now it is decision time - should we resubmit it using the method described here before the link is finally gone or we wait through the 2 week plus mailing time, i.e. beginning of June?
You may be relying too heavily on the 24-48 hour thing. The Chase rep I talked to said "up to two weeks." Isn't there a chance your rep is mistaken? A chance? Wouldn't it behoove you to try calling the number I did? Couldn't hurt.

As for the lack of an e-mail confirmation of receipt, my wife applied for a Continental-Chase card, got approved, and there was NO e-mail received. Isn't there a chance your rep is mistaken? A chance? Wouldn't it behoove you to try calling the number I did? Couldn't hurt.

The automated system (800-432-3117. Press # and then 1) not only knew I had applied for the card but it also knew the very date I applied. There is NO WAY the application is not in Chase's system. Maybe, just maybe the rep I talked to is right. Maybe? Now, if you want to apply twice or twenty times, go ahead.

My worry is different. I'm not sure I applied before the offer was withdrawn. Therefore I, and others in the same boat, may be out of luck. But I know Chase has my application, so I, for one, am not going to bother to reapply.
Old May 26, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
You may be relying too heavily on the 24-48 hour thing. The Chase rep I talked to said "up to two weeks." Isn't there a chance your rep is mistaken? A chance? Wouldn't it behoove you to try calling the number I did? Couldn't hurt.
I am not relying on the 24-48 hours time frame at all. The time frame is how Chase system normally takes, at the most, to have an online application showing up in the system which the credit analysts use to process the application. This is from many many prior experiences dated back to 2006 till as recently as Nov 2009.

I have no idea what the purpose for you to repeat these sentences in both paragraph.

<<Isn't there a chance your rep is mistaken? A chance? Wouldn't it behoove you to try calling the number I did? Couldn't hurt.>>

You dont seem to be able to read others' posts correctly - first you mis-read dinosims posts, now you also mis-read mine. I already stated in more than once that the number of the automatic system, does acknowledge the receipt of my application, just like what others who applied on May 19 have reported.

The number dinosims posted, is the number of the Approval Dept where the credit analysts have authorities to grant approval outright or conditional approval based on whatever criteria in a specific application, just in the case you are not aware of.

Originally Posted by RNE
As for the lack of an e-mail confirmation of receipt, my wife applied for a Continental-Chase card, got approved, and there was NO e-mail received. Isn't there a chance your rep is mistaken? A chance? Wouldn't it behoove you to try calling the number I did? Couldn't hurt.
The email I referred to, is the email that usually comes within seconds after you submitted the application online. In my experiences with Chase for several years, such email acknowledgment has NEVER failed to arrive, until this May 19 submission. It seems all folks who submitted theirs via the resurfaced link on May 19, did not get the usual email acknowledgment. If you pay attention to others' posts, you would notice that I am the poster who is among the first to report this odd incident.

Originally Posted by RNE
The automated system (800-432-3117. Press # and then 1) not only knew I had applied for the card but it also knew the very date I applied. There is NO WAY the application is not in Chase's system. Maybe, just maybe the rep I talked to is right. Maybe? Now, if you want to apply twice or twenty times, go ahead.
It is in the Chase system alright, just NOT in the correct place, the system the approval department used. This is NOT the first time I have experienced applications submitted online being lost in cyber space - BofA has done that on the AS cards for several months a couple years ago, just in case you have not had encounters with such incidents before.

I dont understand why you are so upset about people applying more than once - First you chewed up dinosims and deant, though not specifically named their "offenses". After dinosims answered your questions in precise manner, you named deant being the one who submitted his app twice.

So people submitted applications more than once, so what? It really is NONE of your business.

What you decide to do yourself, is your business. Apparently others have not been asking about bunch of questions regarding why you make such decision. Likewise you should not be carried away by what others decide to do.

Originally Posted by RNE
My worry is different. I'm not sure I applied before the offer was withdrawn. Therefore I, and others in the same boat, may be out of luck. But I know Chase has my application, so I, for one, am not going to bother to reapply.
Using any kind of deduction analysis, I am pretty sure if you applied BEFORE the offer is withdrawn, your app has arrived to the right desk. It is only apps submitted AFTER the offer is withdrawn, have been lost in the cyber space - because the link is BROKEN behind the scene. We did not know that UNTIL when people trying to use it in subsequent days and realized vital fields were missing from the form. The apps submitted on May 19 are in the Chase system alright, but not in the "right" data base which the approval dept used. However, the system obviously is designed to spot DUPLICATE applications, hence the second application deant submitted, kicked out the first application so the credit approval dept rep can now see BOTH.

Come to think about it, I almost would lean to guess the link surfaced on May 19 is a link from a targeted offer, but somehow is "doctored" out the targeted person's data (for good intention, and hope others can use the link). It is a ligit but INCOMPLETE link to Chase system - hence we got this outcome. This is my theory and I will stick to it until someone got approval or denial from May 19 application to prove otherwise.

For now, I honestly believe those who are keen to get this card, would have to re-submit using the method posted here to populate the required fields. After all, deant has reported successfully getting his application to the approval dept.

Last edited by Happy; May 26, 2010 at 2:55 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 26, 2010, 3:29 pm
RNE

Unlike you, I don't claim to know what is "normal" with Chase. I can only convey what my recent experiences have been, to be helpful.

• The on-line confirmation is enough for me to rest assured that Chase received my application.
  • I was told up to 2 weeks, not 24-48 hours.
  • I successfully applied for a different airline's Chase card online yet did not receive any confirmation e-mail.

As I plainly said, my situation is not necessarily that of anyone else. Others are welcome to pursue whatever means they feel are necessary to achieve their desired outcome. Knock yourselves out.
Old May 27, 2010, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
My 50,000 miles have credited.
Current redeemable miles balance: 1,513,426
Year to date Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) 80,319
Year to date Elite Qualifying Segments (EQS) 69.5
I would have re-qualified for 1K in April, had that darned volcano not erupted. I have not been on a place since March 23 and I'm going through withdrawals.
Old May 27, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: I'm all in on Ultimate Rewards
tried to login to chase and then click the link and then even tried to copy and paste the link... doesnt seem to work. any suggestions? really want in on this deal!
Old May 27, 2010, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spotydoty
tried to login to chase and then click the link and then even tried to copy and paste the link... doesnt seem to work. any suggestions? really want in on this deal!
Based on the message below, Chase has taken down the link after it realized the link for targeted offer has gone "public", and even without vital fields, can still be used... it decided to take it down so now only the targeted folks who have the codes from the invite can apply via phone.

Application Unavailable

Sorry - The Requested Information is Temporarily Unavailable
Please visit www.chasecreditcards.com to view additional offers and apply online. Please note the terms and conditions of these offers may vary.

If you received an offer letter in the mail and are responding to that letter, please call the phone number included in your letter.

Note: Telephone and Internet offers may differ.
Old May 27, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by spotydoty
Yup, looks dead to me.

Application Unavailable

Sorry - The Requested Information is Temporarily Unavailable
Please visit www.chasecreditcards.com to view additional offers and apply online. Please note the terms and conditions of these offers may vary.

If you received an offer letter in the mail and are responding to that letter, please call the phone number included in your letter.

Note: Telephone and Internet offers may differ.
Congratulations to all of those who got in. In all fairness, I think everyone had ample chance to get in on this deal given that it has been live since early April.
Old May 27, 2010, 7:08 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by unavaca
In all fairness, I think everyone had ample chance to get in on this deal given that it has been live since early April.
True. At least now nobody can reapply. I believe I read that this was originally a targeted offer. Curious if anyone who was not targeted by this offer applied and got approved?
Old May 27, 2010, 9:14 pm

Any one else not awarded the 50000 miles from Chase Card?

My husband got a letter from chase today telling him they're not giving him the 50000 bonus miles on his new chase visa card, the one with 50k miles with initial spending. The exact wording are "The terms and conditions associated with your account specify that the premium offer is available only to new Cardmembers. Our records indicate that you have taken advantage of this offer or a similar offer in the past. Based on the is information, your new account is not eligible to receive the premium associated with the first use of your card."
I know the term regarding new cardmember is not true, given the fact that many people on this forum have gotten the miles even though they had multiple UA chase cards before. Also many people on this forum checked this exact point when they applied and were told they would receive the miles. My husband applied through the phone for this new promo, was denied the first time, but approved after lowering his BA card limit within 30 days. We're going to call Chase tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problem and what's the outcome?
Old May 27, 2010, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Sorry, but the T&C are pretty clear. I don't think you have a leg to stand on with this one.

Originally Posted by tuscanyx
I know the term regarding new cardmember is not true, given the fact that many people on this forum have gotten the miles even though they had multiple UA chase cards before.
Just because some people have slipped through the cracks doesn't change the facts.
Old May 27, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: I'm all in on Ultimate Rewards
i know, i know - ample time. but still... if anyone can think of anything or has the offer code/ number available i would be most grateful!
Old May 28, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RNE
True. At least now nobody can reapply. I believe I read that this was originally a targeted offer. Curious if anyone who was not targeted by this offer applied and got approved?
I know of at least one
Not targeted, used info found here to sign up, very small spend, miles just posted the other day ^
Old May 28, 2010, 8:34 am

I am still waiting for the decision.
I called the app department, the analyst said there is no information about my app. But the automatic system has my information. I guess I need to wait.
I applied on May 24
Old May 28, 2010, 6:20 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
I know of at least one
Not targeted, used info found here to sign up, very small spend, miles just posted the other day ^
Thanks, Surface Interval. That's encouraging. The waiting game rolls into the weekend. Johnny-come-latelys (like me) who sneaked (or, "snuck," if you prefer) in under the wire, have to wait and see—not if Chase will approve our applications, but—if Chase will look at them at all! If so, I think I have a pretty good shot at approval. But I have a hunch Chase won't even look. Hope I'm wrong.
Old May 28, 2010, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
So you are feeling better now nobody can re-apply? Interesting reaction...

Affirmative on your question of curiosity. Now you really need to put faith on the automatic system... A written notification should be coming soon, should the application really IS at the right place. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by tuscanyx
\We're going to call Chase tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problem and what's the outcome?
Unfortunately it is a total crap shoot for people who have had bonuses before and then receive bonus again - some lucky few do but the majority doesn't. I am afraid you would not get what you want by calling Chase. The rep would simply refer you back to the T&Cs and your letter of denial of bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.